Hey guys,
I have 2 gb2s, has anyone had problems with threshold on these?
What i have had happen with both mine on occasion is you will be going along just fine and threshold sound goes away sometimes temporarily sometimes you just bump it, sometimes you have to adjust slightly then it comes back on. I have adjusted it at higher threshold(louder) and it seems to stay on but to loud to pick up small gold.
I seen another gb2 do this on occasion also. Whats up threshold switches themselves or somethihg different?
Rick

I just sent mine back to Fisher for that and an issue with the GB knob. I don't know what they did, but it's fine now. It did not take that long for the to fix.

Thanks eldorado,

I wonderd if switch was main ptoblem, now I know of 4 that have done the very same thing,

I wonder if they replace with original switch or update? Very annoying to say the least.

I wonder if radio shack has maybe a beefier control, easy to solder in I would expect, simple

variable control switch I imagine. Figure in time spent messing with dial in a day not detecting

adds up considerably , time not spent over targets is adding up.

Thanks rick

Well for what it us worth I have never had that problem myself and I have been using the GB2 since the day they came out. Not saying it does not happen and sorry it did to you guys. But I do not think it's a common issue. If you get it fixed hard to imagine it happening to you again.

I think all the issues were with the knobs, I did not keep the paperwork from fisher. I do know for sure the ground balance adjustment knob had issues. It's 100% now and that is all that I cared about! Fisher service is great!

Thanks

I may send 1 in and see if they will sell me the same switch for the other . Save shipping both detectors at once, then I can see which knob they use for further reference, and install new knob myself. Maybe having a spare around isnt that bad of an idea either, should be a very common switch similar to some c.b.radios

Rick