Fisher CZX Metal Detector "Ground Breaking Technology"

I can say the new CZX  will have me hooked if it will meet or beat my TDI SL.

I've dug a lot of nice barbers since getting my SL.  Most are pounded areas and void of all good targets, or so I thought.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 3:49 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

CZX - Fisher and Teknetics

• This machine is ground breaking technology
  • Turn on and go
  • 2 frequency - 9:1 ratio
  • No need to ground balance or adjust the detector to the environment
  • It automatically senses the ground and makes changes accordingly.
  • First detector birthed from this platform is a gold unit priced around $1000, but deeper than current VLF, this detector will also see through red dirt, and highly mineralized soil.
  • From this platform other machines will develop. We intend to develop the CZX and MOSCA platforms to offer more machines in the $1000 to $2000 range than have ever been available.
  • Target release 2016
  • We have senior engineer Dave Johnson on this project

Still hoping for this to be released this year.  Two feature are a must for me, "see through red dirt, and highly mineralized soil" Can't imagine that will be accomplished (they had to start somewhere)with a VLF machine, but I can hope.  I've found a lot of nice gold and silver with my TDI SL and many times over with nails, so discrimination is a must for me.

The problem is First Texas is missing a window of opportunity if it takes too much longer. The new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 just took a big chunk out of the "turn on and go" gold detector market.

Presumably as a two frequency detector the CZX will bring something new to the table. So far engineers have chosen single frequency due to its ability to deliver more punch on targets in a specific conductive range. Dave's previous offering in this area, the CZ models, run at 5 kHz and 15 kHz, a 3:1 ratio. The CZX is claiming 9:1 and if the low end remained 5 kHz the upper end would be 45 kHz, a solid gold frequency.

So I am imagining a "hot CZ" but with the GM1000 at $799 with two coils and the TDI SL just reduced to $989 it's going to have to either reject ground better than the GM1000 or hit small gold better than the TDI SL. Nothing at all has been said about the discrimination capability of the CZX, if any. I took the announcement above as implying the first version might be all metal only with the mention of discrimination going missing like it is. This information is now so old however we really have no idea as to what final unit features may look like.

Time will tell, but hopefully not too much more time. Like you Mark I hope we see this detector this year. The First Texas model shuffling and price reductions seem to indicate this might be in the cards, but that could just as well be an attempt to keep the sales afloat while the new models undergo further refinement. Although this year would be nice my bet is now on 2018. Unless the project stalled entirely. Some good ideas just never come to fruition and the recent hire pointing to a renewed push by First Texas in the area of pulse induction might indicate this is just not working out.

• Like 1

Ive been waiting for this beeper to come to the play field for sometime now-hopefully soon :blink:-when fisher puts something out its usually rock solid and hopefully upgrades will be offered like they did on the F75 series-Come on fisher :wink: Mike C...:ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any word from these projects?

Sadly, no. I have bumped this from the "hopefully in 2017" to the "hopefully in 2018" column. There is however still a possibility of a late announcement in time for Christmas. The window is closing fast there however and if nothing happens by October then its probably game over for 2017.

Sounds to me like Minelab is out to curb any sales by Fisher and new the CZX or other possible coin/jewelry machines coming out new in their product line in the near future, Minelab is releasing a new detector in UK in Sept, they claim this new machine will obsolete all current VLF detectors??

21 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

Minelab is releasing a new detector in UK in Sept, they claim this new machine will obsolete all current VLF detectors??

That's a shame. Seems like I just got my Gold Monster and it's already obsolete.

The Nokta Impact is also "the most powerful all-around metal detector ever made!"

Nothing like over the top marketing :laugh:

Timing is everything however and there is no doubt Fisher being late to market has left room open for the Garrett AT Max and whatever Minelab has up their sleeve. There appears to be nothing else on the horizon for the fall.

Shame for sure.  This market seems to be more complex than first thought.  If a company releases something far better than the norm it will take the market by storm.  Now that is what I'm hoping for from 1st Texas.

Minelab must have a huge engineering department to put out new products so quickly in response to their competitors.

Metal detector models are years in the pipeline, so companies are responding to each other far less than people imagine. Things more often than not appear simply because they finally got done enough to release, nothing more.

First Texas has a large engineering staff, and if you add Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics up they have not been lacking for "new" detectors. Admittedly however most seem to just be older models under a new label i.e. Fisher F70 rebranded as Teknetics Patriot

2006 - Teknetics T2

2007 - Fisher F75

2008 - Fisher F70

2010 - Fisher Gold Bug (Digital)

2014 - Fisher F19

Most models since 2006 seem to be variants of these and other existing models.