Fisher CZX Metal Detector "Ground Breaking Technology"

Much the same with the MXT line..... Small changes that haven't really changed the overall sensitivity of the machine.

I have an older MXT... No backlight, no ground grab, .... Works just fine without those features I consider non essential

On 8/26/2017 at 10:51 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

First Texas has a large engineering staff, and if you add Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics up they have not been lacking for "new" detectors. Admittedly however most seem to just be older models under a new label i.e. Fisher F70 rebranded as Teknetics Patriot. 

2006 - Teknetics T2

2007 - Fisher F75

2008 - Fisher F70

2010 - Fisher Gold Bug (Digital)

2014 - Fisher F19

Most models since 2006 seem to be variants of these and other existing models.

If you loosen the definition of 'variant', the F70 is a variant of the F75 and the F19 a variant of the Gold Bug.  Some would even argue the F75/F70 is a variant of the T2, although they can't share coils so that one is a bit of an over-reach.

My (down-to-earth) wish-list for Fisher is to add the features of the F44 to the F19 -- call it the F19.1.  Specifically, multi-tones and programmable (by notch) tones, and the iron-range tone damping (forget what they call it).  While they're at it, make the frequency adjustable for reducing EMI.  No, I don't mean multi-freqency, just frequncy tweeking.

You could argue "why don't you just buy an F44?" which makes sense.  But it operates at 7.8 kHz (I think, from memory) compared to 19 kHz, and that's a signficant difference. 

And don't forget to keep all the nice features of the GB/F19/G2/etc. series, particularly the all-metal (first derivative) performance.  Maybe even throw in digital TID readout when in all-metal (as they do with other detectors, e.g. F75).  That would make Steve H. happy.  Most, maybe all of these mods could be done in software, I think.  Still not trivial but with the team of crack engineers at FT....

Am I asking too much?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Am I asking too much?

Probably! :smile:

All I want at this point is a 19 kHz F75. Looks like the F19/G2+ is as close as I will get. That being the case I just wish that big number while in all metal mode was the target id number instead of the ground phase.

Now you would think a 19 kHz F75 would be easy and changing the F19 ground phase number to be the disc number instead would be even easier.

And that 19 kHz F44? That would be great!

No breath holding going on here however. I just got my new G2 and that will tide me over until FT takes the wraps off something new. If not then eventually it will get replaced by the either the F19 or G2+.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like that options too.:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

From http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,133529,133563#msg-133563

October 18 at 6:47am - Tim Mallory (VP Sales and Marketing at First Texas Products) When we release it will knock your socks off and will likely have brothers and sisters quickly following... but we are committed to doing it right and we have had many set backs.. but THEY are coming.”

Maybe in 2018?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

From http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,133529,133563#msg-133563

October 18 at 6:47am - Tim Mallory (VP Sales and Marketing at First Texas Products) When we release it will knock your socks off and will likely have brothers and sisters quickly following... but we are committed to doing it right and we have had many set backs.. but THEY are coming.”

Maybe in 2018?

Very encouraging information.  I'm determined to wait.  I was in line for the F75 following a phone call from Gene Scullion (before he was hired by 1st Texas).   The F75 was truly a game changer for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't really look for 1st Texas machines in 2018, not after the layoffs.

I figure they discovered the new machine was still a ways off and decided to cut back to save money.

I would not read much into the layoffs since they coincide with the move to a new facility. It could reflect an improvement of some sort in manufacturing efficiency that resulted in the need for fewer people. The fact is we really don’t know the “why” of it.

I figure if CZX was imminent and really worked as planned then it would have negated the need for a new PI detector. FT making a quick move to acquire new PI tech that essentially promises the same thing CZX was promising makes me think perhaps CZX did not work out as planned.

Or maybe just a parallel product path? Whatever, only time will tell, but I am not holding my breath for 2018 either. I am sure they are working as hard as they can at First Texas to get new top end product to market, but the path there can be a long and winding one at times.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...