Your hauls are getting bigger and bigger each time you go out AjR! Very nice job.

Steve, I've not seen cages like that on grow sites here in Az..Perhaps it depends on the growers technique? Usually, due to lack of water here, the site is located near a water source and they use a lot of the black irrigation pipe and run elaborate irrigation systems to bring water to the crop. I feel your frustration AjR. Very unnerving to walk up on one of those sites. The forest service is the authority that handles grow sites now. Good old Ranger Rick is now armed to the teeth, wearing kevlar, and using planes with infrared cameras to locate grow sites (the weed retains more heat than native plants so the FS goes up at night and looks for the heat signature of a field of weed.) so give them a call.

Again, great job on the gold!

Dean 

I have a friend who was bow hunting and ran into a couple guys tending who had ARs...they drew down on him and took his identification. They said if he told the law they would come to his house and hurt people. He and his brother contemplated going in with night vision, but ultimately they called the sheriff and led them back in. They apprehended 1 of them as I recall. He was very upset about it but still goes out...but not alone anymore

Nice work AJ. It just don't seem right having to look over your back in the middle of nowhere. I guess it's time to break out 'Ole Betsey. The 7000 is not gonna like her.

strick

post-351-0-11202600-1433424806_thumb.png

• Like 1

legalize drugs and eliminate the profit motive....all these antidrug laws do is keep the profits high. That fool Nixon started a stupid War on Drugs that has done nothing except cause death and ruin...stupid, stupid, stupid!

fred

• Like 2

Siskiyou county says they have no funding or people to bust cartel.  We had a cartel grow last year not far from where we live.  It was reported to the sheriffs office....no bust.   Neighbor said they were back again this year.

They do bust some operations. Usually wait till later in the year near harvest. So things to look out for. Usually at lower elevations(3500) ft and below. Usually southern exposure. Off of main waterways, (looking for springs, then gravity feed to the plants. The hair on the back of your neck was put there for a reason. USE IT!

• Like 1

Reading these posts make the hair stand up at back of head, think I`ll stick to my backyard.

• Like 1

You got that right Norvic. Alaska is tame, nothing but bears to worry about. I got down here now there are still bears plus snakes, cougars, scorpions, poison spiders, ticks, cactus, poison oak, etc. I was just getting my head around all that, and now I have to look out for illegal weed and meth operations and the nuts that go with them?

Oh, and do not forget the prospectors with big guns and twitchy trigger fingers!  :D

• Like 1

They can have that stuff, we only have to handle a irate JP if we accidently poach on his turf. Rather wrestle a taipan. :D

• Like 1