Fisher F19 Finally Available In Black & Gold

When the Fisher F19 was first announced, the official flyer showed it in a standard black and gold color scheme. Then two "Limited Edition" camo versions were announced, green camo, and pink camo. There never yet has been an actual black and gold version you could buy.

Frankly, I am not a fan of the camo. Mainly because you pay extra for it and I am not willing to pay extra just for a different paint job. So I was happy in January when Fisher announced:

"The special camo used on the F19LTD was ordered in limited numbers and we are nearing the end of stock on those parts. New part number, F19 will replace the camo version and have a standard black finish with a stock white coil and be available at a lower cost. If you are a fan of the camo version, don’t wait too long, when they are gone, they are gone forever. Here are the prices for the F19: MSRP $799"

That is $50 less than the camo version which has a MAP price of $799 so this black and gold version has a MAP price of $749. Only problem seems to be that the limited supply of camo units never seems to run out? I have yet to see anyone advertising the black and gold units for sale.

Why do I even care? Because the F19 comes with the 10" x 5" coil stock, which you can only get as an accessory on the Gold Bug Pro. The Gold Bug Pro Dual Coil package with 5" round coil and 10" x 5" coil is $749.

Now granted you get two coils, but I think you are better off getting the F19 with 10" x 5" coil instead for $749 because of the extra features like backlight, iron tone volume, notch discriminate, etc. I can't swear this makes it any better at finding gold but overall it is just a better all around detector than the Gold Bug Pro and getting rid of the camo makes the F19 at $749 the same price as the Gold Bug Pro dual coil package, also at $749. So do you want two coils, or extra features?

The best way to learn the exact differences between the Gold Bug Pro and F19 is to study the owners manuals carefully.

Fisher Gold Bug Pro Owners Manual

Fisher F19 Owners Manual

fisher-f19-flyer.jpg

fisher-gold-bug-pro-dual-coil.jpg

• Like 2

Good news.  I was never crazy about camo finishes.  Now if they can package the F19 with the 5 inch and 5x10 inch coils they would have a killer package.

Additionally if Fisher or anyone offers multi-coil packages I think it's time for them to start including enough rods for the coils.  Just a personal annoyance.

I reckon that maple type camo on the limited F19's are the nicest camo design, certainly the best ever put on a detector.

As only the coil, unit housing and armrest were the only hardware camo'd up and the shafts remained black, it wasnt overkill by camo. I love the F19's operation, and the camo coil is great to look at and easy on the eye's when your staring at it all day long, much better than a whiteish coil - too hard on the eyes in the sun. Best armrest I've ever used too, Fisher should have placed an armrest strap into the package for us though,,, they got a bit skint on us there.

I throw away most s rod shafts, and the short child size cheap one on the F19 got the boot pretty quick. Most units end up on a straight shaft. I nearly always wrap the rubbery cohesive horse bandages round the shaft, not the lower shaft, because the sponge feel makes the detector more comfortable when you shoulder it hiking in, or just carrying one handed.

You can get them in every colour but I use black and yep ....ya can get em in CAMO ....

post-505-0-00104900-1433703229_thumb.jpg

I didnt think the pink camo was a good idea though. And speaking with a few Dealers they just couldnt move them, even the girls didnt like them.

After I bought my F75 it didn't take long to realize that my F19 was no longer needed. I was getting close to listing it and then read Steve and Chris's  "innovative" pro pointer ideas and said to myself; wait a minute time out here.  All I  had to do is remove the middle shaft section, and cut down the upper rod(below the grip) and add a belt hanger like Steve did. Reinstalling the 5" puck coil completed the "F19 pro pointer"  project and it works great. My TDI now has a new work partner and with the F19's back light, detecting at night in the desert should be way easier.

• Like 1