Google Earth Pro For Free!

Mike,

I downloaded it a while ago, when they first introduced it. Don't know if you already have this for google earth, but also look at downloading overlays for it, such as topo, hydrology, geology, and bing aerial ( gives clearer/ different resolution), and there are several more....

Dave.

I'd like to know how Google produces almost 3 dimensional views from a flat computer screen with no special glasses? And how do they produce unlimited perspectives? Are they the real thing or computer simulations? Last night, I was able to determine that a creek I had my eye on for gold, actually runs along the base of a small plateau.I had thought the land was all flat before this. Just have to figger out now how it goes from a small meandering stream into a mini deep V horseshoe canyon all of a sudden and then opens up again?

-Tom

From https://support.google.com/earth/answer/176160

"Use of Google Earth Pro requires a valid license key. As of January 20, 2015, Earth Pro licenses are now free. After getting your Earth Pro license, you can register, download, install, and sign in to start using Earth Pro's advanced features.

If you do not have a key, use your email address and the key GEPFREE to sign in.

Existing license keys have already been extended, so if you already have a license then you can keep using Earth Pro without ever needing to renew again."

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to upgrading to Pro.  Steve, thanks for researching & posting the license key.

Tvanho,

I'd like to know how Google produces almost 3 dimensional views from a flat computer screen with no special glasses?

Here are a couple quotes from WIkipedia entry on Google Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth

"It maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imageryaerial photography and geographic information system (GIS) 3D globe. "

"For other parts of the surface of the Earth, 3D images of terrain and buildings are available. Google Earth uses digital elevation model(DEM) data collected by NASA's Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM).[12] This means one can view almost the entire earth in threedimensions. Since November 2006, the 3D views of many mountains, including Mount Everest, have been improved by the use of supplementary DEM data to fill the gaps in SRTM coverage.[13]"

• Like 1