MXT Third Tone

Steve, I have been using the MXT's 3rd Tone for years Now, Have you ever use it When Prospecting and do you find it a useful feature, Its great on ploughed field where you can just kick back the dirt or in the bush, But some folks might get A Bit upset if you go doing it to their Lawns etc,

Using this method can and does Add up to about 6 inches in depth on coin sized Targets and on bigger Items it c an add over A foot In Depth using the Standard 10" Coil.

I don't know if many people know about this Third Tone, But we never hear of anyone using it, In Sites with less junk using the Third Tone Could really boost peoples finds Tally by the end of the Year,

Thanks Mate, John

If you are talking about the Relic Mode tone for the all metal channel the truth is I did not use it as much as I should. Early on in my use of the MXT years ago when prospecting tailing piles at Ganes Creek it was a rather competitive situation not unlike an organized hunt. The race was on to cover ground and quickly recover targets, so I fell into the habit of just chasing the clear high tone non-ferrous targets. It was not until later that I zeroed in on the benefits of mixed mode prospecting and by then I had moved on the the F75. However, one guy who recovered many pounds of gold at Ganes Creek with the MXT did so by learning the machine to the max and employing the Relic Mode third tone to full effect.

• Like 1

Sorry, Yes I should have said In the Relic Mode,

Before I only ever used the Relic Mode but the more I use the Prospect Mode the more I like it, not only because it has the GND numbers but it is All Metal with A DISC readout which is really helpful for ID'ing Targets within Range but it still gives you full power/depth depending on conditions,

Thanks Steve,, John

Hi John,

That is generally how I hunt with detectors like the F75, Gold Bug Pro, FORS CoRe, etc. in other words I hunt in all metal and let the VDI be my guide as to whether to dig or not. I find it is easier for my ear to catch the simple broad responses in mono tone all metal rather than trying to listen to tones. I only go to a dual tone mode when cherry picking. If I was to use an MXT these days I also would probably be running in Prospect mode.

• Like 1

I have wondered what the attraction of running In All Metal was all about, I think I use the Disc Channel for A quieter Life which is The Lazy way out really, If I'm honest, But by running it your way A Person Gains maximum depth and there less chance of masking Targets

with Machines from the 2000s we seem to have a need to use the Disc on everything but using Disc modes they have become more of a Crutch than A Tool, I fell into that way of thinking And for a short while my finds rate Dropped.

With PI machines we all want a PI machine that can disc out junk yet when we use a VLF we try to run it at the Lower Limits. With Both types of Machines that Balance becomes even more critical In order to find Gold, People complain about VLF machines for prospecting when at one time that's all we had, Which makes your statement about using A VLF when ever you can even more factual because it was not by Accident that you have had the Success you have under all sorts of conditions,

Gold Detecting Needs to get back to its Roots.

Thanks Again,, john