We Need A New Pinpointer Design

Maybe I better go ahead and get the Compadre I saw for $110 shipped  with 5 inch coil?

I used to have a Silver Umax with a 4 inch coil and had it like Steves setup,and used it for  for getting coins around parking meters.I could just lay on the grass and poke around each parking meter for the loose money on the ground.  A short cable and plastic rod would be a BIG plus tho for nugget pinpointing.

VibraProbe had a mini waterproof Pulse detector years ago with a 3 inch round coil permanently attached. But I seem to recall it had poor depth,maybe 2 inch on a quarter and NO discrimination.

-Tom

I wonder how good is the (cheapo) Compadre on detecting gold????

Ivan

Hi John,

Thanks but no. I am not looking to make something. I am opening the discussion so my friends at First Texas, Garrett, Makro/Nokta, Minelab, Tesoro, and White's can all mine it for ideas. I do not want to make it or sell it- I want them to make it and let their dealers sell it.

Perhaps I`m enamoured with my new Deus, but I hope XP as well as the mainstream detector Companies, monitor this 4M. A small high freq coil/detector/pinpointer of the Deus concept coupled with their remote/software, might just be the go.

I have heard good things about that Vibro Probe 580?? PI pin pointer abut it has Tilt switch set up which I don't Like,

My new Bullseye II works down to about 0.05 - 0.06 grams +/- and It runs a 36khz and a lot of people were complaining about the newer lower frequency models setting off their Machine whether PI or VLF and the Best bit about the Older model is you don't have to Tart around to adjust it, Now that with a Modern Housing would be Cool With a Ratcheted Twist Knob on the end of the handle so it cant be moved by Accident,??  To Adjust the Sensitivity and a good Push switch like the old But waterproof .

I put some test pieces on those magnetic signs and it still ONLY picked up the test bits,

John

• Like 1

Tesoro 4" Round Concentric Search Coil with Short Cable (5 Pin) shown on Kellyco website for certain Tesoros? Wonder if it will work with Compadre? The Compadre coil is hard wired so what to do ...? I might even have one of these in my junk pile come to think of it...hmm, just found this link about wiring in a new coil to a Compadre

http://jb-ms.com/Detectors/Compadre/Rewire.html

I found my Tesoro 4 inch hockey puck size coil. It is white with a 3 foot long cable. I will email Tesoro and see how much it will cost to wire it up to my used Compadre I ordered, IF its even compatible?

Steve,

I got my new used Compadre, shipped from Az for $110. Question, how short can the rod be without the control box causing issues with being too close to the coil? My Compadre came with a 5.75 inch coil. I will call Tesoro and see if they can put my 4 inch coil on it instead altho they may well hassle me for wanting to do so..but can't hurt to ask so I don't screw things up.

-Tom