A Day Out With FORS Gold

Hello

I'm new to this forum. So wanted to say hello to all members.

Ive been detecting for years, but been detecting for almost a year with nokta fors gold. Got out today to do some detecting at our property where we have found good gold before. There is many mounds in the ground sluicing areas that we never detected before. They are covered in several inches of pine needles and sticks. So we took a lawn rake and raked down to dirt to see what there was. I found 10 pcs of gold with fors gold at great depths. Also found 1 pc of gold at 8" with gpx 5000 and new camo coiltek mono elite. All in all was a good day. Gold weighed 1.9 dwt. Again wanted to say hello to the members and Steve

Im sure ill enjoy reading post on this forum. Seems pretty busy.

Take care

post-764-0-17217700-1433740448_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum. I've seen your videos and posts on other forums- you are killing it with that FORS. Glad to see you here.

Dean 

Welcome to the forum. What took you so long  :D  Thanks for sharing.... that's some pretty gold. Keep posting.

strick

Thanks Steve and all the members for compliments. Really its about tons of research, good places to go, a good detector and a good partner. Thanks to extensive research, we still have many many places to try. Some are a bust. Or turn out to be mostly fine gold. But are good to return to if a dry washer is needed.

There is a few shallow blind pockets in alot of our area. Hope to find another again someday. With detector tech getting better, im sure we will see people finding previously unreachable gold. Glad I have the fors gold to detect these days, it has been an awesome detector. With my partner running her gpx 5000 with that new camo coiltek mono elite, it also makes things interesting. I would like to see how close it comes to keeping up with the 7000.

Hopefully we can get the dang hobos out of our property soon. They are making a heck of a mess.

Thanks

• Like 3

Thanks Steve and all the members for compliments. Really its about tons of research, good places to go, a good detector and a good partner.

You got that right. I know in Australia they are on pounded ground and so extreme depth is everything. Here, honestly, the majority of the gold I find I would probably find if I were swinging a FORS or a GPX or a GPZ. There are still 2 gram nuggets sitting out there an inch deep and first coil over it snags it. In that regard a GPX is just as good as a GPZ for a whole lot of gold.

Other gold I get I figure the machine really did make the difference. But I agree more with you on what really counts for success.

• Like 2

Yes success is based on how much research you do. Whether its reading or walking around and looking for gold areas. Or maybe some people are just very lucky. I know ive bought alot of books thru the years, or looked at others, that tell you where to find gold in my area. And also there is some usgs data. But all these resources together probably only told about 1/4 of the actual areas that one could find gold around here.

But some of the best info you get is from the vanishing old timers of this area. And old newspapers. I think I read over 10,000 old cali newspapers. There is alot of gold finds in those little paragraphs. Alot of places that I didnt even know had coarse gold. Right under my nose, close by. people always ask me what creeks I go to find gold with a detector. Actually we dont go to creeks very often. There is gold in creeks. But we usually hunt the deposit areas. Sometimes there isnt a creek for 1/2 mile or more. But theres gold. Sadly alot of the old newspapers that I had access too long time ago werent digitalized. Some were. But alot of the good ones just got put in cold storage somewhere in this state. But that is some examples of research. Once you read about a coarse gold find. You go there walk around and look for old diggins. Usually they missed a deposit or two inbetween their diggins. If the gold mineralization is good. Sometimes you can find your own virgin patch.

But thats it for now.

Thanks again for the comments.

• Like 1