Steve, Why Are You Selling The Gold Bug 2?

Dam Steve wish that was for sale a couple of weeks ago. So whats on the new toy list now.

I thought you loved your GB2. NO loyalty.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Loyalty to inanimate objects? :laugh:

I have owned a Gold Bug 2 since the day they came out - I had the first one in Alaska. Used them ever since, and it found me a lot of gold. It was perfect for my stomping grounds in Southcentral Alaska where nuggets are measured in Grains not Grams. These nuggets from my story at http://www.detectorprospector.com/steves-mining-journal/metal-detecting-micro-gold-nuggets-crow-creek.htm were typical...

small-gold-nuggets-crow-creek-alaska.jpg

Sixteen nuggets for 17.4 grains total found with Gold Bug 2

However, since moving south I have focused much more on pulse induction detecting. Getting to good gold was very hard in Alaska and places good for a PI are not common. Down here there are nearly unlimited opportunities in every direction from Reno. Most are amenable to pulse induction. A lot of it also has to do with the GPZ 7000 coming out. When I get time to detect, I want to go where I have at least a chance at a nugget over a gram, and I want to run a PI, especially the GPZ.

That is what I have been doing in general. The really trashy areas I prefer a mid frequency unit with more discrimination options than the on/off iron disc the GB2 offers. The FORS CoRe is more useful to me than the Gold Bug 2 in that regard.

Long story short? I have not actually used my Gold Bug 2 for two years now. In fact, the last serious use was a trip to Alaska three years ago.

I just have too many detectors. I am not a person fond of owning things. I would live out of a suitcase if I could but the wife is not going for that. When I see stuff piling up it literally weighs on me so I have a serious urge to clean house right now. That, and other detector options on the horizon continue to make it unlikely that my Gold Bug 2 is going to see much use in the future either. Time for it to make room for something else.

• Like 3