Minelab X-Terra 705

John,

I didnt get to hunt this ground long due to the mossies voracious appetite for my lifeblood...

I had been on the river most of the evening and thought i would check this spot as I was driving out---It is back away from the river under the trees and seemed to be the site of a mossy convention...

I did find a piece of pipe about a foot deep, and an auto door shim at 8 inches ---

The "7005" did pretty darn good at GB ing the ground on manual or auto---- good enough that i found those two targets while i was running for my life back to the truck...

I ran sensitivity at 18 and had to use coin instead of prospecting due to the amount of trash targets.... i was cherry picking for stuff .... 46 is a common number i get that usually has ended up being trash--- tin cans or such..

I haven't figure out how to notch numbers yet properly---- i can get them to reject on the screen but when i go over them a lot of the heavy trash still sounds off in 46, -2,-4, -6, -8, 2, 4

Seems like Zincolns like 33

gold is hitting around 30-40....depending on what type it is and how big it is----

This is where sound means a lot to me---i am already starting to learn the "7005's" love language.....

i run on 4 tones ----

it  has distinctly different sounds for coins, vs trash and gold vs iron or trash..... pull tabs have been notched out somehow--thank God!

Still learning.....

• Like 3

Them Mozzie's can ruin a good day out, Had them Call A Halt to A Fishing spot Once, They were Big Scotch Greys, Big Critters, The Only Difference between them and an F16 was the F16 had a Gas Cap Underneath,

Trouble with Notching Pull Tabs is they can come In where small Gold Lives and over here Hammered Coins come in At And there are so many types of them And they have the same Signature as our most wanted Items

But that's real Impressive getting that Kind of Depth In such Hot Ground, I use the Two Tone setting on my Machine because I don't have to think about the Sounds, Its either a Dig or No Dig which helps In junk Infested Sites,

Here's Why Pull Tabs are Such A Pain,

John

post-181-0-34310300-1435165700_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

7005 indeed, Paul your evil but I like ya!!!

Paul, sounds like you have selected one of the coin modes than notches out pulltabs and most aluminum...read than manual again...I found it a bit confusing with the xterra70. The 705 has more options and is overall "better".

I doubt you will find much gold notching out tabs...hopefully I am wrong.

BTW the readouts will vary with the orientation of the target...take a gold ring and lay it flat then lay it perpendicular and see the difference...

good luck

fred

• Like 2