RIP Zoe

Norvic,

You bring a tear to my eye with your gesture of remembering another's pet.

RIP Zoe.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Mitchell, My first healer I got when I was 10, when I was courting the Missus, because he`d always travel with me, he`d hop in the front bench seat before the Missus and glare at her, as she sat. One man loyal dogs, magic mates I had to put him down when he was 17, I just love the breed. You can`t get a better mate.

• Like 1

My family and I thank all of you from our hearts. I feel loss but also relief that Zoe is now in peace.

I appreciate your personal stories and am always amazed at the connection that we have with our dogs. The fact that canines and we humans have breached the species companionship barrier blows my mind. 

I can see the ridge line were i put Zoe to rest from my house and the entire southern half of Scott Valley, also from Miners Creek/French Creek drainages. Its good to be able to look to the mountains in remembrance of our yrs of enjoyment. I have had dogs my entire life and have put everyone down myself and laid them to rest on a ridge line in an area we had spent some loving times. 

We still have our other dog Dragen (Bear in some type of Dutch). Shes a German Shepard and Mastiff mix that is 5 yrs old, a great family dog, and is coming along in the woods. Shes a big sweat hart. Shes missn Zoe too.

Zoe was the only Q Healer I've had but she was my most favorite dog. As you that know the breed have experienced they truly are one man( or women) dogs. My wife would always say that Zoe was a great dog but didn't really care for anyone but me. It was true too. She was a mannered dog and the best in the woods but when anyone would come over or the kids would get loud and crazy shed shy back and watch with a suspicious eye. Tough as nails and always ready to go she was an adventurer to the bone. Battled it out with Coyotes and fox a few times and even a bobcat once. Pointed out snakes all over the place and ran off many a Bear, and numerous rabbits and squirrels i ate thankful for her skills. Balls to the wall dog for sure.

Norvic - I also got a tear in my eye over your offer. I would love you to memorialize Zoe - I really cant describe with words how deep an offer it is to me. I have never had a person i hardly know do such a thing - Thank you man. If i every make it to OZ i would love to meet you and your kin and visit the memorial. Thank You Again.

We plan on stickn with one dog for awhile. My wife and i plan on hitting the road and travelling around America when the kids get out of school so as that time nears and Dragens gettn old we'll get another dog to share the next phase of our adventures in life. 

Thank You Again to everyone for your condolences and sharing your stories of mans best friend.

Pic of Dragen in January this last year. Hard to tell from the pic but shes big - about 100 lbs.

post-661-0-64477700-1433992312_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear this, I lost 2 Labs last year, someone went around our neighborhood poisoning dogs. They got mine and 2 others on our street. Both were 14 years old, we rescued them when they were 2 months old, truly part of our family.

I feel for you ajr.... I know you'll always remember your friend Zoe.

I had an old mate, a bull terrier x doberman - bull terrier x doberman . He was my best mate. I had to put him out of his misery myself just like you, I know how your feeling and understand the straight up no-nonsense morality of what we had to do to ease their suffering.

23 years ago, and I couldn't bear to love another dog again...

post-505-0-12192400-1434015915_thumb.jpg