ATX For Beginner's?

Well I'm wanting to add to my collection and want to put a P.I. in the little army of metal detectors that I'm forming... Got my eye on a Garrett Atx at a decent price....

Question is I'm still new to all this and wondering I'd this is a good machine for a beginner just knowing the basics like myself?????

I don't really know how to use the forum that good to find any info on one regarding difficult of use..

Thnx

I was looking at the ATX for a while, just did not like the weight can't imagine hauling that weight around. spoiled by Deus.

Ivan

Funny that was my real concern ...I held one and although it was a very comfortable machine idk how comfortable it would be after 2-3 hrs of swinging...

I walk to the store now and then and carry a gallon of milk home and end up changing hands quit a few times its only a half mile thats when i think about the weight. I think most guys use a harness.

Ivan

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Whites TDI spp or the TDI-SL.  I realize they are not a minelab or a atx, but I don't enjoy digging big holes.

I am going to trade my Deus for the Whites TDI-Spp

Ivan

No I haven't... Its just I have an opportunity to buy this at a very good price... Love buying other peoples mistakes...they buy a mining equipt. hoping to get rich in one day cause it looks so easy...as we all know mining is not easy...

Hi nugget65  I bought an ATX used , like you , I like a good deal. Weight wise it's not bad with a harness , even though they are kind of a pain in the butt. Unless your a young buck or an inshape old buck , should be no problem. Unfortunatey I'am old buck in so so shape so I do the harness after a few hours. Your in a great area for nugget hunting. I am a New 49ers member up there in Happy Camp but I live in Phoenix. Don't know if I'll make it up there this year or not. Later Jerry  :)