ATX For Beginner's?

To answer your original question, I feel that the ATX is a good beginner's machine. I found it very easy to learn. 

Does this package come with the small mono coil? If so, it would be much easier to move in to tighter places without banging it around as much as a bigger coil. The small coil is pretty pricey too- $450.00. Good luck!

Dean

I like the minelab...but that kind of $$ way far out of what I can afford...the deal with the wife is any mining equipt I buy has to come from mining ...I know its not fair but I've got accustomed to some of the things in that are important like breathing... Lol lol

• Like 1

They sell on eBay for $1500 - $1700 so $1500 is a good price. I use eBay "sold" listings as a guide to fair market value. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=garrett%20atx&_dcat=14955&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

• Like 1

Just drove out to see this machine AND....

GARBAGE!!!!!!guy claimed he used it 5 times.. machine showed way more use than 20 times out...the guy had it stored out in his shed and mice ate through the bag and nested...one battery cover was taped and the coil had a crack on the side running to the top and a coil cover was epoxyed on... Honestly wasn't worth $1 to me ... I told the guy that he needed to check the definition of what'like brand new' ment before he listed something for sale.... Very disappointed...worst of all though...the wife with "I told u so" most of the way home...think I'm just gonna save up for a new one...