Dropped My Zed

It's a good detector. I found my first piece of gold with it and I continue to find nuggets with it. Sometimes it works better for me than my GPZ depending on the terrain, particularly in rocky dry washes. I can get the small coil into tight spaces and around boulders and stuff pretty easily. And because it's a PI it'll still detect large, deep targets so you don't have to worry about missing those.

I only have a few gripes. It's kind of annoying that you have to use a separate adapter to use a 1/4" headphone jack. I've left that back in the truck a few times and have had to just use the external speaker. With headphones the volume is quite low too. I have a B&Z Booster but it's a little annoying running all the separate wires and stuff and it does take a bit of fiddling to get rid of the audio feedback buzzing in the headphones. The detector is also quite sensitive to EMI and it often takes me a dozen or so tries with the noise cancel button to get that cleared up. It may also be the areas I detect in as well but my GPZ isn't as affected by it.

That's adapter is a problem for most owner, But that is what happens when they use a Military Platform to make A Prospecting Machine, Mind you I love that Idea and the Recon/ATX, But that's just me I love Military Grade Gizmo's, But that don't Suit Everyone,

John

update on zed s adventure home... Zed arrived via fed ex ground at minelab america in Lisle, ILL today Monday 7-6-15 at around 230pm their time, so we will see just how long it takes for someone to contact me from minelab to let me know what the plan will be. Hopefully not to long as the separation anxiety is rising exponentially as the days pass and the desire to find a replacement to fill the void is becoming ever increasingly difficult to resist... must hold out, although i've been spending a lot of time in the parks and school yards with my SST and am finding the limitations of this detector in mild soil and may breakdown and get something more flexible to play with.

The "drama and suspense"  don't ya hate waiting,  and waiting??

dont ya know it, but minelab did send me an email a few minutes ago at least letting me know they have the detector and tell me they will be in contact as soon as they have more info on the repair. so far that is ok customer service at least they get back and give you the info that they can pretty fast.

• Like 1

wow, really fast reply from Minelab, I got an email from them this afternoon much faster than I expected. They said my detector is repaired and completely checked out and operating at optimal performance. it's also heading back my way via fed ex with the tracking number supplied, no mention of any charges for the repair so my guess is they are covering it under warranty.

Less than 48 hours from the time they received my detector until the time they shipped it back to me, so far this is great customer service from minelab. Some of the best I've had from any company I've done business with.

• Like 1