Dropped My Zed

Thanks x2 for the info Tortuga, broke mine as well and thought it'd be crazy expensive to buy a replacement so never looked, $10 is reasonable.

I took some kydex (plastic used to make form fitting holsters and sheaths) and formed it around the standoff foot on the 7000. Easy to do with a heat gun.

I was watching a Youtube video of an Aussie with a CTX 303 and he had a big beefy metal stand on his. Thought maybe it was a replacement part someone was selling but I haven't been able to find them for sale. Must have been custom made.

Now I just need to find a new cotter pin for the armrest on my SDC that I lost.... If anyone has a lead on those lemme know.

Tortuga - 

I recently lost the pin in my SDC armrest and the top flap also. Didn't notice until the end of the day and was unable to locate either after back tracking awhile. Will get a hold of minelab this week when i find the time. Hopefully we can work something out.

Good luck

AjR

Now I just need to find a new cotter pin for the armrest on my SDC that I lost.... If anyone has a lead on those lemme know.

Both my wife's an my sdc are missing the  pins as well. 

strick

Ive wrapped mine in 13 layers of duct tape, keeps all the broken bits in place.

Kydex snap on leg, neoprene sleeve and a snake chap seems to give good fall protection. Not that Im going to do any testing.

Thank you all for convincing ML that we needed to update the GP series rugged industrial design to a "modern, plastic " one.

• Like 5

HEY MINELAB!!! Call the Husqvarna chain saw folks to learn how to make good plastic. Their saws must be as light or lighter and as tough or tougher than than their competitors to remain in business.There for, they use a lot of plastic parts such as rear hand grip, throttle trigger, fuel tank, air cleaner cover, starter assembly AND THESE THINGS GET THE HELL BEAT OUT OF THEM, BY PROFESSIONALS, IN THE BEST OF CIRCUMSTANCES AND RARELY BREAK ANY PLASTIC!

OOPS. I forgot. You don't have any competitors. Sorry.

• Like 6

Tortuga -

I recently lost the pin in my SDC armrest and the top flap also. Didn't notice until the end of the day and was unable to locate either after back tracking awhile. Will get a hold of minelab this week when i find the time. Hopefully we can work something out.

Good luck

AjR

I called up Minelab today and they're going to send me a whole 'upper armrest assembly' for free that includes the pins, flaps and strap. That should be everything you're looking for too.

When I get the new armrest I plan on putting a few drops of glue in the pin holes to help keep them from falling out again.