Fors Gold Tests?

G'day Steve, No I was thinking more about how it handles hot Ground and as to what sort of depths are people making finds,

I was watching a Video on the recovery speed of it today and just wondering if it was Blinded by high mineralization by etc

john

Yeah, it is a VLF, and a very high gain VLF at that. It will overload on extremely bad ground. The nice thing is it tells you about it. Some VLF detectors shut down silently and you do not even know it. I look at the overload signal on the FORS models as being the "time to break out a PI" signal.

Depths are comparable to other 13 - 19 kHz detectors. You already have the MXT so you are already at the limits of single frequency VLF performance.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, Yeah my MXT tells me that too, I am searching for something new to keep me busy for a while, I did some testing a while back with the Gold Bug Pro and that is a Clever machine, But these Nokta's have got my thoughts at the moment,

John

Yes, Gold Bug Pro, another fine unit.

I am very much at the point where I think single frequency 13 - 19 kHz tech is maxed out for depth and sensitivity to small stuff. It really now is all about the "additionals" like ground balance methodology, coil availability, and intangibles like how the machine sounds, feels, and even how it looks. Performance advances, if any, are in the area of how well a machine operates in dense targets and how well they separate ferrous from non-ferrous.

Long story short they all work about as well for me. I am just as guilty as anyone however when it come to playing with the toys so I get where you are coming from.

• Like 2

Yes, Gold Bug Pro, another fine unit.

I am very much at the point where I think single frequency 13 - 19 kHz tech is maxed out for depth and sensitivity to small stuff. It really now s all about the "additionals" like ground balance methodology, coil availability, and intangibles like how the machine sounds, feels, and even how it looks. Performance advances, if any, are in the area of how well a machine operates in dense targets and how well they separate ferrous from non-ferrous.

Long story short they all work about as well for me. I am just as guilty as anyone however when it come to playing with the toys so I get where you are coming from.

Well it was the Recovery speed that prompted me to ask about it because I saw A Video that showed how fast it could pick up the second Target, So I tried it with my machine and they are about the same, I tested the GB-P and it could see Tiny Gold Staters hidden under a Plough Blade, I have only seen One other machine do that,

But Money Wise I think the Fors Gold Gives the best bang for the Buck, Although It has not had A Chance to Prove it's self, I think it is as good as other machines costing Twice as much.

• Like 1

Up where I'm at in N. Cali the ground is real hot around old hydro mines.. When I ground balance the reading is usually around 79-85 and actually I hate mining them because of my lack of experience has me digging like a retarded rat in a bag of cheetos every 5 inches...alot of times I'm digging targets that aren't there because I haven't yet figured out every sound my machine makes yet the one thing I wil l say is that when this machine hits a target whether it's trash or gold ..u definitely know its a target unlike my gb2 which makes what I feel like a million different sounds....but still fun though..

Anyhoo wish I could provide more help...

• Like 1

Up where I'm at in N. Cali the ground is real hot around old hydro mines.. When I ground balance the reading is usually around 79-85 and actually I hate mining them because of my lack of experience has me digging like a retarded rat in a bag of cheetos every 5 inches...alot of times I'm digging targets that aren't there because I haven't yet figured out every sound my machine makes yet the one thing I wil l say is that when this machine hits a target whether it's trash or gold ..u definitely know its a target unlike my gb2 which makes what I feel like a million different sounds....but still fun though..

Anyhoo wish I could provide more help...

79-85 ?? where are you Detecting ?? A Blacksmiths Shop, That Ground must be full On Magnetic.

It's good how well these Lower KHz Machines handle Hot Ground and they don't have you Digging too much junk. Why don't you set it up On the Two Tone setting ?? that will make it easier on the ears and you won't have to think too much about the Sound ??

John

• Like 1