Fors Gold Tests?

Lol lol when I dig target the magnet on my pick has 3-5 little tiny rocks and is always full of sand

Struth, Well you Are doing extremely well with it, Considering that Ground Is PI Country, I'm Impressed.

There's not too many who would even try A VLF In Ground that Hot.

What sort of Depth are you finding your Targets??

Well done Nugget65

John

• Like 1

Ground like that is not all that uncommon in California and the ground right here in Reno is almost as bad. Just loaded with magnetite. Ground balance reading is only part of the equation. It only tells you TYPE of mineralization. Use the Mineralization Level to determine the AMOUNT of mineralization. This is the more valid reading when talking about how bad ground is.

post-1-0-22331800-1434910909_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ground like that is not all that uncommon in California and the ground right here in Reno is almost as bad. Just loaded with magnetite. Ground balance reading is only part of the equation. It only tells you TYPE of mineralization. Use the Mineralization Level to determine the AMOUNT of mineralization. This is the more valid reading when talking about how bad ground is.

So Is that Reading the same as my GND on the MXT and On the Left hand Screen On The GMT which is the GB setting?

Thanks Steve,, john

The Mineralization Level is the same thing the GMT is trying to tell you with the Follow Black Sand reading. The MXT displays this number as GND is the prospecting Mode but gave it the wrong name to confuse people. GND as displayed on the MXT in Prospect mode is not the Ground Balance setting but is an indication of Mineralization Level.

post-1-0-85523300-1434914412_thumb.jpg

This is also what Fisher is doing with the Fe3O4 graph on the Gold Bug Pro and other models. All these are attempting to measure magnetic susceptibility. Ground Balance numbers are related to the ground phase reading and so are basically like a discrimination VDI number for the ground. Magnetic susceptibility is more directly related to detector performance. The higher the reading, the more problems you have with depth, but it hurts the discrimination side more than the all metal side of things as far as depth. it also is what will make a non-ferrous item read as ferrous. The higher the magnetic susceptibility, the more inaccurate the VDI numbers.

post-1-0-01597900-1434914752_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This Is the Most Confusing thing about the MXT and the GMT, Because I just Tested the 2 Machines and The MXT's GND reading was Very Similar to The GMT's  Ground Balance (Mineral Type) Reading On The Left, Yet On the MXT you use That Number to Follow the Back Sand and with the GMT you use the Much Lower Reading On The Right to Follow the Black Sand,

IE on the MXT 85 is the Follow the Black Sand Reading and on the GMT the GB is 78 yet the Follow the Black Sand was Reading 46 - 48, It does not make sense when Comparing these sets of numbers,

I do not understand why One Machine  has a GND or Black Sand reading of 85 and the other One ( Amount of Mineral ) Says 46 - 48 and yet the GMT's GB reading is almost  the same AT 78.

Whites Need to Decide whether it is A GND or a Black Sand Reading The Two Can Not Be The Same On the MXT Because on the GMT The Black sand measures the Amount of Minerals

And On the MXT you have to Be In Tracking to Use That Meter and On The GMT the Follow the Black Sand Updates whether it is in Tracking or Fixed.

John

On 6/21/2015 at 0:26 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The Mineralization Level is the same thing the GMT is trying to tell you with the Follow Black Sand reading. The MXT displays this number as GND is the prospecting Mode but gave it the wrong name to confuse people. GND as displayed on the MXT in Prospect mode is not the Ground Balance setting but is an indication of Mineralization Level.

attachicon.gifwhites-gmt-follow-black-sand.jpg

This is also what Fisher is doing with the Fe3O4 graph on the Gold Bug Pro and other models. All these are attempting to measure magnetic susceptibility. Ground Balance numbers are related to the ground phase reading and so are basically like a discrimination VDI number for the ground. Magnetic susceptibility is more directly related to detector performance. The higher the reading, the more problems you have with depth, but it hurts the discrimination side more than the all metal side of things as far as depth. it also is what will make a non-ferrous item read as ferrous. The higher the magnetic susceptibility, the more inaccurate the VDI numbers.

attachicon.giffisher-gold-bug-pro-fe3o4.jpg

Thanks Steve, That explains it Better, In the GMT Manual they have removed the Pages that Told you about following the Black Sand and just written  a couple of Paragraphs and its use's. john

Correlating numbers from GMT to MXT is like correlating to the Gold Bug Pro. Different scales.

That is what is so confusing about them, A Person would think that A Company who Made them both would use a Universal system

When My GND's Numbers almost match the Ground balance ( Mineral Type ) yet the Black Sand is the Correct one to use yet it is Half the Value of the other machine,

IF I could find Fault with these two Machines it would be that the Prospect Mode Readings are Not Uniform.

Thanks Mate,, John

Steve I have a question that really has been bugging the heck out of me...

Sometimes I hit a target and it sounds real good and gives good readings UNTIL I get real close to it digging then it gives a bad reading and sounds bad...it only does it on hot ground... It's start off with 40sh or higher the when I'm almost on it be a 16 or 18 and turn out to be a nail or something like that... I recheck the hole and pile and no more targets... Is this common...