Ground Reading Numbers

G'day All

I have just been Testing the GND readings On My MXT and My GMT and naturally they don't Match??

Anyway the MXT read 84 to 85, But the thing that has me Thinking Is with the GMT If I have the 6x10 Long Scan coil on it I get a reading of 65, but If I put the Twin D Coil on it I get A Reading of 78, So If DD's are meant to be Better In Hot Ground, Then why does the Concentric give A Lower Ground Phase Reading Than The DD,

I am starting to think that Concentric Coils are just as Good In Hot Ground BUT ??? because they are more sensitive that they pick up More Noise, And the fact that they are more Sensitive they Give A Truer Ground Reading??

I know that the 6X10 Long Scan see's things that you would normally find with the Little Shooter Coil, Which is another reason why the GB 2 Is So Hot on Tiny Gold.

But It is those GND Readings that are making me think this way.

John

Mineralization level readings (we are not talking ground balance numbers) are relative numbers and the number displayed by an MXT may be different than that displayed by a GMT over the same ground.

I can't say that I pay much attention to the numbers in reality. I detect the ground and respond to how the detector acts, not what the numbers say.

Mineralization level readings (we are not talking ground balance numbers) are relative numbers and the number displayed by an MXT may be different than that displayed by a GMT over the same ground.

I can't say that I pay much attention to the numbers in reality. I detect the ground and respond to how the detector acts, not what the numbers say.

Yeah I don't take too much notice of them apart from when I first Ground Balance and Only if I think of it, But it is the difference In the different Readings of the 2 Coils on the same Machine that made me Question what we are lead to believe about coils,

John