Steve, I am one who is interested. I have never used GPS and haven't used it on my GPZ yet either. Part of the reason is, my computer is rather old and has issues. But I plan to soon get that resolved.

I look forward to your ideas and tips.

hehe I'm seeing visions of a gold club with a on line data base, where you could shair other members gps maps and see where Rye Patch has been worked, by who, and what detector they were using at the time. Then work the uncovered ground, and slowly fill in the map till its time to sell the claim on e-bay. Ouch!

Reckon you would Paul, a bit of lightness amongst my serious gobledock. I try to not take life too seriously as you don`t get out of it alive, momentarily forgot that gem, and the Goddess of gold was good for me today, just gotta love the GPZ.

• Like 1

At this point, Im using Xchange. 

IMHO, Xchange should be a browser based, multi platform app i.e. Mac, Chrome, iOs and droid.

Not everyone worships at Redmond.......

The easiest way for me to use the mapping program I prefer at this point,  is to export data by cut and paste.

Tedious when you have a 600+ nugget week.............

Oh and a soft carry bag would be great too, If you @ ML can find time to make them during the Go Find roll out....

• Like 4

Perhaps Minelab may respond to Gobledock, certainly don`t respond to 600 plus discriminators. :rolleyes:

Moving the decimal point is a wee tedious when importing the data back into the GPZ.mlx file.  That is a function I`d love to see added to the GPZ GPS.

• Like 1

Steve I for one am looking forward to your insights on the use of the inbuilt GPS of the GPZ 7000.

Paranoia is situation normal with gold finders, especially with their hard won nugget patch info, but like you said the odds of someone actually hacking and then collating the data are extremely small. To my mind the biggest risk would be friends and associates loaning or having access to your detector, at the end of the day it comes down to plain old common sense.

JP

• Like 2

Gosh, You'll never make it on 600 a week--you better look into the 7500.... "Overbuilt"  for those who are discriminating-------- types ......of people...lol

I'm Sure you meant The 7005, And did not mean to lead them A Stray :o

The 7005 comes with a Taser Built into the hand grip on the GPS Button, just To discourage them Nosey Types,

• Like 1