Im not concerned with hackers, as much as trackers.

It's getting cheep to slap a hidden GPS transmitter on a unsuspecting prospectors rig.

attachicon.gif1164.jpg

Yes Chris that is Another concern along with being followed, Of coarse Detector theft is A major Issue and if your Data is Lat/Longs are in the Z then your secret is out there for others to exploit.

Lovely Gold, Thanks for posting the Pictures,, John

Yeah trackers are a wee concern too. Security of data is also a wee concern most important feature of a GPS to me is its ability to share data with the mapping software I use. That`s why I love the droid. Hopefully Minelab will make Worlds best gold detector even better by allowing the user to use the mapping software he wishes.

Well best next to the 7005 that is.

Looking forward to Steves insights into the GPS.

• Like 3

Some of those trackers are so small they can easily slip into a control box cover, or inside a housing like the CTX or GPZ. 

Seems we hear about Ozzie hired detectors not getting turned in often enough to warrant a tracker installed. 

• Like 1

Just have them track me. Ill be the designated decoy detectorist. I'll put them on a wild goose chase. I'll put them near gold, but they won't find much, like me. Their rigs will be all scratched up. Mosquito and gnat bitten to hell. Hiking up and down Mt.Goat paths. Bears and Mt.Lions. So PM me for my address and you can come slap and tracking device on my rig. I will destroy you with useless knowledge.

• Like 6

A local xter believes he has out of body experiences and tracks me whenever he wants, not sure whether its his out of body experiences or his tracking ability that's the biggest concern but do know the shotguns proved not effective. Pellets go right through, no blood.

• Like 2

ML could use the WM 12/10 wireless transmitters to export data.

It would be sweet to mash a few buttons on the CTX/GPZ and send the Geo Store contents to my mobil devices wirelessly.

I can do this with my 4 year old Cannon camera.

post-168-0-56806000-1436132864_thumb.jpg

How do you deal with the crippled storage capacity of the GPZ GPS? 100 waypoints/findpoints seems kinda useless to me, I've found a couple patches that had over 100 nuggets from each patch and that exceeds the capacity of the machine.

Just for reference, I have almost 7500 waypoints and over 1500 tracks on my phone right now. I always have them on no matter where I go, sometimes I'll visit 5 or 6 different areas in a day and they need to be there. Transferring them off means they aren't on my machine, so its not much use in the field to me.

Or am I not understanding how it works? I tried it for a few days and gave up on it.

• Like 1

I'm Sure you meant The 7005, And did not mean to lead them A Stray :o

The 7005 comes with a Taser Built into the hand grip on the GPS Button, just To discourage them Nosey Types,

Oh my--Good catch!!!

I will chang4e that now before anyone goes bonkers...lolol

• Like 1