Sulky Kid Find

Back almost 30 years, was out on day trip with my young fellow (6 or 7 years old) having lunch at vehicle when I noticed he fed his half eaten sandwich to our family dog (habit he`d been caught at the kitchen table on a few occasions) So I gave him a clip under the ear and read the riot act to him. He walked off with the huffs, along a recently pushed haul road the local alluvial miner had pushed. Came back 10 minutes later with the above 43 grammer, he`d eyeballed sunbaking on the haul road.

Well what could I say, here`s this young fellow just out of nappies, a 43grammer in his hand, me with latest detector and bugger all. He did it to me again with the GPZ couple of days ago, but I`m not going to tell that embarrassing story, too much pride, plus I`ve the sulks.

• Like 7

post-625-0-40831100-1436292763_thumb.jpg

Whoops either conx or I had a senior moment.

• Like 2

One of the secrets to my success in detecting is sharing my lunch with my dog. But please don't spread it around. If you tell your embarrassing story, I promise not to spread it around.

• Like 1

Nah, he`s the one with the camera, he`s no doubt spreading it around. Whippersnappers love putting their old fellas down.

• Like 1