Another Cool Weather Day For Detecting

We have had more monsoon season odd weather. Rained yesterday and cloudy and cool today. We'll take it. Time for more detecting. Went back to attack some more brush area of my cousins property. Detected With fors gold for about an hour before detecting first piece of gold. Then 10 seconds after that piece found another. Then it took awhile to find 3rd and 4th piece. Nokta pointer also . Complimented the fors gold nicely. All in all it was a nice low 80's degree day and 1.5 dwt of gold to take home. Hopefully we will get more cool temps this summer.

Good luck!

post-764-0-13010800-1436575608_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-09629800-1436575630_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-95611000-1436575658_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The cool weather this summer has been great for us as well here in Central Arizona. It has really extended our detecting time. Great job as usual on the gold!

Dean

Thanks for the comments.

Hey tom no not too many large rocky diggings in my area. Lots of small rocks. Some gold targets I get are quiet repeatable signals. Thats why its important with Fors gold to turn down id mask as low as you can too make the deeper quiet signals and tiny gold more discernable. It may look easy but fighting thru thick brush is a pain. And the bears are down lower right now in the manzanita to eat the berries. I have come within feet of sleeping black bears. Theyll just lay there and hope you pass by. Getting too close is very dangerous. Especially when they chomp their teeth at you.

Success at gold detecting is easier depending on how much you put in doing research and visual scouting. If you know what your looking at you can spot alot on google earth. Once you find a good coarse gold area then almost anybody with any detector can find gold. Once you get this down you can consistantly find gold. I know I have seen a couple newer members in the last year become consistent because of their effort. ( featheredfishead, nugget365) just to name a couple. They got it down.

I spent years reading every paragraph of old cali newspapers to find gold finds details of the gold rush era. It gave me a good idea of where they found coarse gold. Then I walked around in those areas to find the places to detect. So far the research hasnt failed me yet.

Good luck!

• Like 2

U wouldn't believe me if I told ya... lol lol needless to say I'm independent now..... wife and kid's felt my mining was more important than them amongst other things...

apparently my eyes sparkle more when I look at gold than at my wife...lol lol I guess maybe because it doesn't bitch ...excuse my french...