Found A Virgin Patch

Flavor to taste, but what I do is hit a patch two full times then start searching for patches again, when you have days that come up dry then head back to your patch for a few hours before the sun goes down so you can grab a couple nuggets and not be skunked for the day. Eventually you'll have a good handful of patches to work that always have a nugget or two left, within driving distance to wherever you are exploring and most days you will always come home with something in the poke. Also, coming back to a patch after a month or so often brings a new perspective, or maybe you just swing the coil at a different angle and hear new things.

Keeping spirits high is to me the best motivator to keep looking for new patches. For me, if I am able to go home every day with at least 1 or 2 nuggets then I wake up the next morning ready to go right back out, avoid those 2 week slogs with no finds. It's good to always keep a few patches in the back pocket that haven't been hunted out totally.

Been picking out the patch for the last month. Been getting fewer pieces. Then a couple days ago, finally got skunked. All of the easy ones are picked. Been poking around all the bushes and rocks. Any advice to know when you should move on?

Give it a break then come back with a 2300 for the small scraps. Or call Klunker. He has a backhoe lol

We may be up your way the first of the month. Likely camp in the same general area.

strick

• Like 1

SS, re read your first post in your thread, remember the thrill of a virgin patch, it`ll drive you on. But the Goddess of Gold she`s a slave mistress. Tis all you can do, gotta be more patches out there, just gotta be.

Boy, Paul we are sure getting on "I`ll be there" now who was the singer? Not Peter, PAUl & Mary. Keep the "eye" on him SS think he`s bugged your Ferrit.

• Like 1

"Paul The Cleaner" sounds like your new mob name. Yo, Paulie.

Yeah, I second what Paul said...let him go in there with his 2300;).

Seriously, the previous suggestions are good ones. We will go looking for new ground early in the day then go back to the old proven spots at the end of the day just to avoid the skunk. Something about being on proven ground raises the confidence level. Do some "landscaping" (remove brush,etc.)and use a different detector/coils.

Good luck!

Dean