Dropped My Zed Follow-up

Some of the best customer service I've had from any company.

After dropping my ZED and cracking the case and then having some screen issues a couple of weeks later, the repair of my detector could have gone any number of different ways, thankfully Minelab took very good care of me in the way they handled my problems with this GPZ. No complaints from me on how this was handled, in very short time from sending my unit in for repair Minelab sent me a brand new GPZ 7000 as a replacement at no charge covered under warranty. No hesitation on the part of minelab to take care of this and make ma a happy customer.

• Like 4

I picked up a couple of items to help protect the zed from damage in the future, having learned my lesson. the first thing I ordered was a screen protector and sun shade off of ebay for $26, it seems to fit real nice and is easy to use the controls. I also took Steve's advice and picked up a knee brace to wrap the case with, although the one i bought is a little short. I also accidentally ordered a cover for the ctx control box, so I will see what needs to be done to make it fit the zed when it gets here. Black elastic sports wrap also works well on the lower shaft and hand grip as a protective wrap, lastly I picked up an electronic keyboard padded soft case at the local music store for only $45, they come in a bunch of different sizes, this one is 76 keys and seems to fit about right with plenty of room for the harness, headphones and there is an additional pocket on the outside that will hold all the charging stuff.

post-618-0-94676200-1436931332_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-06385600-1436931345_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-58097400-1436931354_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-40712500-1436931363_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-50931600-1436931375_thumb.jpg

• Like 2