The Tale Of Two F75's (One For Sale)

Hi Kenny… over on the Dankowski forum I see that Keith did a video on the F75 in his test plot and got surprisingly good depth on a nickel with that 10” elliptical DD coil. In terms of magnetic susceptible strength his ground is similar to mine, but there is something else about that type of ground that allows his detectors to obtain pretty decent tones on his deep, planted targets. As I mentioned above, that just won’t happen here because coins beyond five or six inches depth read as iron. 

I would like to try the latest model you have purchased, it sounds like it is an outstanding unit. But for prospecting / tailing searching in remote areas I have found my original F75 to be quite stable, so there hasn’t been much justification for upgrading it. In the silverfields here, the motion all-metal mode is particularly stable at maximum gain, in fact much more than is my MXT in its motion all-metal prospecting mode. 

While I haven’t used one, I can’t help but think that your 10” elliptical DD will be a significant improvement over the stock 11” elliptical DD for small nuggets. While the 11” elliptical DD is fine for this area where the silver is relatively large, it does lack sensitivity to small stuff. My 10” elliptical concentric markedly improves sensitivity in that regard, and the 5” round DD or especially the 6½” elliptical concentric… my favorite coil for small stuff… makes this unit very capable over sub-grainers. 

Don’t worry about replying to this post Kenny, my main goal here was simply to reiterate what a pleasure it has been to chat back and forth with you about this unit… thankyou for being such a good conversationalist. Good luck with your F75, we’ll be in touch I’m sure… especially if I see a future post about your F75 detecting activities. Happy Trails!!!  :)

Jim.