Taking My Nokta To Rye Patch

Hello nugget65

Strick probably gave it away already, he knows where to find stuff!  :(

That being said, these days honestly, I don't believe there is any "good place".  Where you are going covers many hundreds, if not thousands of acres you couldn't cover in your own lifetime.  If you want to find big gold save your time.  If you want just anything, anywhere will do.  It is basically beginners luck now, you may find a nice "big" nugget just by being the first to swing your coil over it, PLUS having studied the new Notka manual, and tested the suggested settings with a test nugget or lead sinker... 

For the most part, the ground out there is fairly mild, but there are some places where the ground can have "hot" spots, or red ground which is generally more challenging than most.  Big gold has been found in the most odd places, where you would think it would have been found years ago. So you can't hunt in the assumption that is has already been covered.  I have found nice premium chevron nuggets in holes someone else had abandoned.  Just keep your mind focused on the work at hand, your coil in "intimate contact" with the ground, as old time nugget hunter Hoss Blackman used to say in his lectures, and, as always going low and slow, putting any extraneous thoughts out of your mind ..

Bottom line, it is a nice place to go, so enjoy the place and the time you have for making memories. 

Gary / "Largo"

• Like 1

Pay attention to the area close around bushes where its difficult to get the coil into and also look for dead brush stumps and check around those places where it may not have been accessible to a coil in the past. For fun, keep your eyes open for crystals while swinging that coil around looking for gold nuggets, I have found some nice ones laying right on the surface for the picking just shining in the sunlight. Also, be on the lookout for meteorites last month I found a nice little 6 gram one stuck to the magnet on my prospecting pick after digging for a signal next to a small bush.

• Like 2

Also, in the washes and dry streams you'll find a lot more trash that washes down from all the old tin cans and junk left behind from years past. all this junk plays heck on the gpz, but the Nokta should have an advantage there.

good luck hunting

• Like 2