Eye Balls, SDC, And GPX 5000

It was a very rainy weekend in AZ.so we used it to our advantage. It was nice and cool and the washes had been flowing.

My buddy purchased a GPX5000 and wanted to give it a swing. Chris at AZO set him up with a Doc's Power Pack Kit and a 12X7 Nugget Finder coil and some NF swag. Chris has a great special on this gear going right now. Very nice set up. It worked very well as he found a nugget both Saturday and Sunday with his new 5000. I spaced getting pics of his gold for the weekend:(.

Sunday was cool and beautiful after all the rain so we headed out to one of our spots to give it a go. I used my SDC and Steve his 5000. He went one way and I the other. After a short swing on a hill side that had given up gold in the past, but was being stubborn on Sunday, I decided to move down in to the wash where the Old Timers had thrown everything out of the wash to expose the bedrock which consists of Schist and white clay. As I get to the exposed area I look down and see this little guy just waiting for me....

post-702-0-93229300-1437399017_thumb.jpg

(Dead center)

Cool. First gold of the day by eye ball. I fire up the SDC and just start to swing when I spy another one stuck in the clay just a foot away! Eyes two. Detector zero. That score didn't last long as the SDC started to hit on the micro nuggets every few feet. What a blast! It was starting to cloud up and I could hear distant lightning in my head phones. Steve put away his 5000 and came over to see what I was up to just as I was digging number five. He watched as I scored another and then hit another that was so small I had trouble getting it in the scoop and became frustrated and abandoned it to search for more cooperative ones. He asked if he could give it a go with the SDC and away he went. He found another five or six and even went back and managed to get that stubborn one that I had abandoned in the scoop. The SDC is deadly on the small stuff! Here is a pic of the seven I found...

post-702-0-70558100-1437399632_thumb.jpg

Nothing of size but beats the skunk any day.

Dean

• Like 6

Good work Dean, any gold is good gold. Thanks for sharing your outing and the photos... the colors are really interesting in the 'dead center' photo.

Jim.