Got Skunked At Rye Patch... Must've Been Doing Something Wrong

Went out to Rye Patch this weekend and got skunked actually my brother got skunked as well but had a good time and darkened up my tan...

I think I was doing something wrong ....did find alot of crystals and cleaned up all the lead out there and bullets for the next man... oh and forgot all my #s at the house along with my phone charger so needless to say I was roughing it decent...

Rye Patch is easy access and has been hammered by thousands of prospectors over many years. Every nugget taken away is one less to be found and they don't grow back. The easy stuff was gone 10 years ago and every one found now is the result of hard work, effort and a little luck.

• Like 2

There are also vast stretches of barren ground at rp,and without knowing where some of the productive areas are located, you could get bogged down for days without seeing any gold.

• Like 1

My last few days out at rye patch were a skunk for me also, I swung the coil and worked it as hard as i could trying new areas for me and reworking one spot very carefully where I did have success on a prior trip. Its a very big place and at max depth for any coil you may be sampling only a few square inches at best, so luck plays a huge role out there. Like Steve has said "sometimes you turn left and sometimes you turn right," sometimes the coil hits and sometimes it misses by millimeters. In the hammered areas the deep gold is easy to miss and hard to find, you can do everything right and you still need lady luck sitting on your shoulder giving a little nudge now and then. Someplace out in the vast area of the n, nevada desert a big ol patch is waiting for a hit from that Nokta and one of these days you are gonna get it, good hunting!

• Like 1