Why Can't I Get A Ferrite Ring For My GPZ 7000?

I've been trying for a while to get one from my dealer.I called minelab myself. They are backordered. 

For as good as your detectors are. Other little things you really SUCK at. WTF Minelab. Get me a ferrite ring and make me happy.

You spend 10 K on a detector, but can't get a 10 dollar ring. 

Hi Scott,

I recalled a previous post by you about this at https://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1041-ground-balancing-the-gpz-7000-in-saltyalkali-or-saturable-ground/?p=11102 and was shocked to see that date was June 11th!

Over a month and a half? That's nuts. Looks like you fell through the cracks - let's see if your post gets some action.

• Like 1

Scott and Steve,

I've experienced one of their 'shipping gaps' which seems to be a problem.  Maybe it is an Australian mindset of 'we'll get around to it' but for my part when someone tells you that you are going to have something sent and you don't get it in a couple of weeks, then you follow-up on it and find out they 'forgot' and they tell you that you will have it in two days ... they should never rely on USPS or Ground FedEx.  Send the darn stuff overnight or two day and be prompt about it because you have had a customer wait (in my case over a month) ... it does seem to be a part of their corporate culture now.

I need to add that my two days for the 'make up' shipping is at least 2 days late now.

I'm dealing with both Ireland and Chicago on this one.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Could be a "she`ll be right" problem by Minelab, but SS I was given one by my dealer months ago, no prompting and I`ve not used it, no need GPZ runs AOK in my country. So bugger Minelab,  slackos, PM me your address and I`ll post mine over. Gotta keep you out searching for those virgin patches.

• Like 1

don't feel bad, Scott...you are in bad company...I asked Minelab to send me one they said talk to the dealer the dealer was told to talk to the distributor and so on and so on...still waiting.

They know who bought GPZ's and they have the addresses...why not send them pdq and skip the BS????

fred

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but I have run the GPZ over a wide variety of different types of ground and I am not really sure it's necessary in most US goldfields. If you are running in auto ground balance as many prospectors do, the machine eventually loses the information as new ground data replaces old. The only way to hold the ferrite info is to run in fixed. Honestly the only ground balance issues I have experienced with the 7000 are in salty ground and I have not been back to those spots since getting the ferrite ring.

• Like 1

Don`t like agreeing with you RC but tis true, I`ve got mine running a modded "Bogenes", most of the time when in productive areas have the sens. at 20 and thres. up around 23 without aid of ferrite ring, even though I have one. It handles my ground AOK. Anyone care for all those ringless ferrits running around? :rolleyes:

I just need to add, my 'shipping problem' is not about a ferrite ring. It is about my promised 'goodie bag' for being find of the month winner. I was told that it was sent on 6/15. Now I was told I would have it in 2 days on 7/ 27 and the next time I can receive it is 8/3 because it was not here today.

Just saying that shipping doesn't seem to be a priority. It could have been overnighted.

On another point, I have seen a dealer bring a charger for a 2300 to a customer that was not even his. They came with a Minelab Rep from Australia so I can understand glitches in the system but when it is YOUR glitch if you don't report it then it could happen to someone else.

Mitchel

Hey Scott,

That sucks.  I was able to get all my customers that requested them one, but I got in early on the Ferrite Rings when I heard about them.  I'm not real sure why Minelab or people closely affiliated with Minelab would write articles and such on them if they are not available in stock to supply each sale. You know it's going to cause a rush to get the "rings," and if they are not available why release the articles ..... 

• Like 3