Ten Days Hard Yakka!

Thanks Paul, although shortened by bad weather it was a good trip. I run a Zed and it didn't like the lightening (distant) over the last couple of days. The settings I find that suit me in the very highly mineralized ground I detect are High Yield/ Difficult with the Sensitivity on 12-15, Threshold 26, smoothing off and manual ground balance. The standout requirement is to swing slow, very slow, on ground that you know produces. They are noisy settings and I worry about missing the quite deep one but the Zed is noisy with any settings it seems.

On one spot where I picked up about twenty pieces for six grams I tried Bogenes setting on several signals, the response would still pull you up but the above settings produced a much clearer signal. Nothing at any real depth, the deepest just three inches.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, hopefully I'll have some other photos to post within a couple of months as I'll be back out there in a few weeks.

I've been a reader only of this forum for a while now and the civility between members is what appealed most to me, plus your reviews and write ups. No nonsense, straight to the point and tell it exactly as you see it. Refreshing!

The Zed is growing on me the more I use it. One target that instilled more confidence in me was a four grammer. Although only six inches deep the Zed had picked it up without actually waving the coil over it, was under a lump of Quartz a few inches ahead of the coil, that surprised me.

• Like 2