Post A Nugget With A Story

I thought it might be cool to start a new thread where you tell a fun or unique story accompanied with a pic, even if it was a long time ago.

I have a handful of such ideas but chose this one:

I had always hoped to find a real white quartz/ gold specimen.

About a year ago I was hunting a small creek with my "SDC Birdshot Pro" where I had found many bedrock nuggets over a 6 to 8 week period.

This day I was only getting bullets, birdshot and rusty square nails. I was starting to get burnt out with that and ready to move to a different area as I was hearing another "bullet sounding" target in alluvial creek gravel.

I turned to leave but stopped and looked back at where the target was, and again listened to the target. I knew it was another bullet and I usually dig all my targets. But again I turned to go, again stopped and looked back and just stood there staring down. Finally, I sighed then bent down and had the target in the first scoop. My eyes went wide as I chastised myself for nearly making a rookie bone head mistake.

It's not very big but for me it's a treasured little piece.

post-619-0-00136400-1438889570_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Great gold! I have walked off and never dug the target. I still wonder about that target at moore creek

Alaska because I did dig it half way. Never again!!

• Like 1

I have done the same....I was hunting in the morning and had plans for my friend to pick me up around noon. I was diggin trash all day...square nails, bits of wire, lead and so on and  after 3 to 4 hours I could not wait to be picked up by my friend. Well I heard someone walking, I turned and it was my buddy and I was digging a target and about 10 inches down and I was about to stop and refill the hole. The target was loud and sounded like trash. My friend said, what you doing..i answered ahh just another piece of trash and I said lets get out of here. My bud said, no just finish digging and see what it is and than we can go. So I dug down ....and well... :nugget:  :nugget:  :blink: I was rewarded with two of my largest nuggets I have ever found. Sorry no pictures....but true story ! So, dig them all....cause you never know.

Sometimes I find a hold half empty...so I dig it out all the way to full empty. I'm still waiting for a hole to be half full. I know it will come some day.

strick

• Like 1