Going To FairPlay

You guys are flattering the heck out of me and seriously I am not quite as good as you may imagine. I am basically just a patient person who puts in the hours in decent locations with decent detectors. There are a lot of guys on the forums better than I.

Sounds like a great opportunity Clark, best of luck to you!

It's Well Deserved Mate, Your Honesty has Fast Tracked Many A Person on to Bigger and Better Things and Opened a lot of minds, I don't mean to make you Blush, But that List is a lot Bigger than you, So I Thank You For That,

John

I had a great time at the golden mountain winery, it's a really beautiful piece of property and the lodge is comfortable. I did very little detecting, at most 3 hours total and only picked up 1 bullet at the winery and another 10 at a property on the river about 4 miles away.  i cherry picked only the light to mid sounding signals and skipped everything loud or with a double signal and then dug only a small percentage of those, I wanted to look around a little on the river property and not just dig trash from a small area.

The group picture is of the motley crew of designer prospecting, I'm tall so i always have to stand in the back of the crowd and in case I'm not tall enough i guess i had to hold the shovel over my head to be seen better, my wife in the short dress was in charge of jewelry selection for the day and yes they did go all the way down to the river in flip flops, it a fairly short and not too difficult walk down to the panning area (although no cake walk). a little gold was found skimming gravel from the surface of the river gravel, for some reason none wanted to borrow the pick and crow bar. needless to say keeping pans full took most of my time and I felt guilty about putting on head phones and going off into my own world.

Ive got an open door to return and will go back next weekend and detect at the river property some more, the vineyards are more challenging because of the need to be careful around the grape vines avoiding several things that can be damaging. each vine has a steel post that gives the gpz fits, my Vlf was ok with it but showed half as many targets at the winery and i used only the gpz by the river and it was operating fine. no telling yet if these places have nuggets... i have a strong feeling for the river property having detectable gold somewhere on the 280 acres, the vineyards not so much, but again i really haven't proven i could find gold if i was standing on it. 

The winery is a great destination, like Napa a long time ago with really friendly people wine tasting flights for 5 bucks, some of the best wood fire pizza I've had. our weekend was comp, so I don't know how much the pizza cost but everything was reasonable there and you can still get a great bottle of wine for 20 bucks. 

I talked a little with the manager about the idea of opening some of this property for detecting like some sort of special event and he said he had been considering doing something (special events, bird watchers and the like, not that I'm comparing us to bird watchers) (not that there is anything wrong with that) to promote the winery, so if there was interest and if it has detectable gold in this ground and if it can be put together, might be a fun event and not costly. I told him most would be interested in just a day trip, wine tasting, wine is reasonable and i think the food is reasonable also.

so; group picture, winery pictures mostly green and down by the river i guess i was attracted to dry grass and rocks...

post-618-0-73646300-1439172517_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-38654900-1439172531_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-89998900-1439172550_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-84265400-1439172563_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-44845900-1439172588_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-43268400-1439172600_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-44900000-1439172609_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-61138200-1439172621_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-39405600-1439172634_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-72232900-1439172642_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-51417100-1439172651_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-57755000-1439172673_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The motley crew of designer prospecting doesn't look tough but they did pretty good down on the river and running up and down the hills. the lady standing in the center is now a swim coach and also has 3 olympic gold medals and won china's first gold in women's swimming and she is still fast. she was doing the butterfly stroke in the pool at the winery (it was rough out there folks) and not even getting her hair wet.

• Like 1

Art, that looks like a great place to be, lets hope you can make a Regular thing, But with food that good you better eat first to work off those calories, A VLF would be my choice to investigate the place, after that the Gloves are Off, lol

Cool Mate thanks for sharing,

john

• Like 1

The motley crew of designer prospecting doesn't look tough but they did pretty good down on the river and running up and down the hills. the lady standing in the center is now a swim coach and also has 3 olympic gold medals and won china's first gold in women's swimming and she is still fast. she was doing the butterfly stroke in the pool at the winery (it was rough out there folks) and not even getting her hair wet.

A Swimming Pool and Food and Wine, I don't think it will take much to persuade Steve to Go Now, Strike While The Iron Is Hot, He won't see it coming,

John

• Like 1

5 star gold detecting for sure. I don't know if they would want a bunch of dirty prospectors jumping in the pool after a long hot day detecting. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

strick

• Like 1

5 star gold detecting for sure. I don't know if they would want a bunch of dirty prospectors jumping in the pool after a long hot day detecting. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

strick

Well A Tux and Waders Clash A Bit,  I am open to suggestion,

Oh and don't forget to polish ya Picks,,  lol