XP Deus Groundbalancing On Highly Mineralized And/Or Magnetic Ground

Roberto

Hey guys,

I'm and european metaldector searcher who is searching with my XP Deus smile.png I especially like to try to search in highly mineralized and/or magnetic soils.

As far as I know, these types of soils/grounds are found in parts of the USA and particularly in Western Australia and other parts of Australia.

Unfortunately, I have never visited these sides in the USA and Australia yet... Hopefully it will be soon!

I´m really curious what ID numbers you guys get while you are groundbalancing on this difficult soils with your XP Deus.

Greetings!

Roberto

In Parts of Australia My mate took the MXT where he was having trouble with his GPX 5000 because of junk and Hot Rocks and he was getting GB readings of 95 to 96 and he still found 2 nice little Nuggets,

As for magnetic Ground that wont be a problem I have Balanced out Magnetic Truck Signs, it's the minerals that are a pain,

hope this helps,,john

• Like 1

Have found with the little I`ve used the Deus on gold here in OZ (GPZ is THE productive gold machine) it is very capable. Have had ground "ID" through from 76 to 90s. I think its strength will be in notching the odd hot rock out, but the GPZ keeps me busy, thus haven`t spent enough time on the Deus.

But I have used it enough to know it has potential in its GB capabilities, but I guess like all VLFs it lacks the penetration in mineralised ground the PIs and GPZ give us. Brilliant on coins in trashy areas, a detector that sets a new standard with its wireless innovation and lightness. The new version 4 with its proposed elliptical coil may be the go, once its available. Certainly will have applications on gold once we realise this potential, read - more get out there in the gold fields. Its lightness detecting steep gully near vertical sides around rocks is one such application, after swinging the GPZ for 6 hours that is a welcome relief on sunset. Not a detector to be dismissed on some gold fields I feel, time will tell.

• Like 2

In Parts of Australia My mate took the MXT where he was having trouble with his GPX 5000 because of junk and Hot Rocks and he was getting GB readings of 95 to 96 and he still found 2 nice little Nuggets,

As for magnetic Ground that wont be a problem I have Balanced out Magnetic Truck Signs, it's the minerals that are a pain,

hope this helps,,john

Hi John.

Thanks for your help, we really appreciate it!

Kind regards

Roberto

• Like 1

Have found with the little I`ve used the Deus on gold here in OZ (GPZ is THE productive gold machine) it is very capable. Have had ground "ID" through from 76 to 90s. I think its strength will be in notching the odd hot rock out, but the GPZ keeps me busy, thus haven`t spent enough time on the Deus.

But I have used it enough to know it has potential in its GB capabilities, but I guess like all VLFs it lacks the penetration in mineralised ground the PIs and GPZ give us. Brilliant on coins in trashy areas, a detector that sets a new standard with its wireless innovation and lightness. The new version 4 with its proposed elliptical coil may be the go, once its available. Certainly will have applications on gold once we realise this potential, read - more get out there in the gold fields. Its lightness detecting steep gully near vertical sides around rocks is one such application, after swinging the GPZ for 6 hours that is a welcome relief on sunset. Not a detector to be dismissed on some gold fields I feel, time will tell.

Hello Norvic,

Thanks a lot for your clear explanation about your experiences with the Deus and the GPZ 7000.

Do you have any idear what the difference is in depth between the Deus and the GPZ, when you search for gold?

Kind regards!

Roberto

Bit like comparing chalk and cheese. An example, the GPZ picked up clearly a 8 gram solid at 22 inches in a sandy gully (low mineralisation) the Deus struggles to pick it up at 12 inches when reburied(not clearly)

Not knocking the Deus, as a VLF machine it is out of its league compared to purpose built machines like the GPZ or PIs for gold. I would not seriously consider a current VLF machine for deep gold whilst I have a GPZ, but for shallow gold hung up on gully walls where its weight, thus usability comes into play, then I swing the Deus, and I suspect but have not yet tried it will shine when searching trashy oversize heaps from alluvial miners.

• Like 2