$1 Million Gold Mining Challenge

A mining company called Integra is offering a $1 million prize to process their 6 terabytes of data and make a new big gold discovery in a hard rock property they purchased in Canada.

https://herox.com/IntegraGoldRush

If anyone is into mapping, exploration, geology, hard rock mining, and data processing with computers then this may be something you are interested in. We're obviously all interested in gold already! Seems like there are a few mining engineers and geologists that post on various gold forums.

Six terabytes? This is real simple. The previous owners obviously spent more time and money on collecting data than they did mining.

So here is my contests entry.      HEY INTEGRA!!!! Get rid of the damned computers and buy a good used core drill.

C. Ralph should be able to pick up a quick million.

I'm betting a lot of the data was related to coring, one of the partners is a 3D modelling program and the other does drilling programs and 3D modelling as well. Probably the trick is going to be compiling everything into one single 3D model representing their underground property and relating that to whatever sort of gold deposition method occurs on that property and finding any underexplored segments.

Might be a fun challenge for a team of people with specialties in various different areas required. I joined just for fun and so I can see what a 6TB mining database looks like, when's the next time I'll ever get access to something like that... Be nice to see what these big mining companies are working with.