Gold Nugget Hunting - Dead, Sick, Healthy, Thriving?

That's what I am talking about....nothing is worked out..just gotta get down and dirty and go where no one wants to. I had another skunk day yesterday...6 hours of slope and heat. The worst part is the damned buck brush, manzanita, poison oak and the likes always in the way of a good sweep. The best part of searching for new patches is locating new diggins in heavy brush and treed areas. I got lucky yesterday,,located a cool buckle part a tongue holder of a two piece belt buckle. The rest was bits of iron and bullets....hopefully I find the other part of the buckle. 

• Like 1

You bring up a point Relic. I know an area near me that dhould be killer, and mostly untouched. Read lots in a couple gold rush diarys. But the blackberries , brush, etc, make it impossible. Need a fire through there.

• Like 1

Perhaps time to drag in a drywasher to the spot of that one gramer and mop up his "minions" that are likely about

That's a good idea. The only kind of prospecting I've really done so far is with a detector. I'd like to get more gold though and a drywasher would definitely help. I like the idea of melting down some of the fine stuff into little buttons and dore bars.

I'm heading back out to that area in a few days to check around some more. I didn't have a lot of energy left by the time I found that nugget so I'd like to spend a day just concentrating on that one area.

Nice man! Thats my favorite stuff. Do you have Max Belles book? If not, I will shoot that pic to a buddy, and try and get the info for ya. Heres some of the relics Ive found lately.

post-70-0-89151500-1440951342_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-25502600-1440951395_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-33561100-1440951459_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-92057200-1440951518_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Deathray,

Now you got me motivated to find the tongue!! dude those are awesome finds....way to go. Mine has  lines all around , it gives it a nice touch. It looks like you eagle tongue has them also. Thanks for sharing your pictures...I am going to head back next week and start searching....for gold and relics

Careful guys, plenty of government regulators out there who would love to bust a guy swinging a detector for removing (what they consider) historic relics off public lands. Don't get me wrong I totally believe in "finders keepers" and am glad for your cool finds I just don't want to see a brother prospector rolled up by some civil servant. 

• Like 1