Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2015

Anticipated Guest Speakers for 2015 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot & Demonstrations list.

9 am and 1 pm Larry-Glen-Phill

Demonstration on the Nokta FORS Gold and Minelab Go-Find 60 metal detectors - provided by Kellyco Metal Detectors .com.

9am - Scott, Steve, Ules, Glen, Phill, Ken, Chris, and any other expert metal Detectorist we can find.

Helping you with your metal detector/class.

9:30 am and 2 pm - Chris Porter

Electronic Prospector, owner of detecoraid.com, home of the HIP STICK and President of Western

States Prospecting association. Metal detecting since 1972.

9:45 am and 1:15 pm – Webb Varnum

Geologist extraordinaire, past President of Reno Gem & Mineral Society.

10:15 am American Mining Rights Association – Jon Siptrott (still not confirmed will make it)

10:45 am and 1:30 pm. Women in Mining

1:45 pm. Ken Wells

Owner Eureka Prospecting of Reno - Expert Metal Detectorist (still not confirmed will make it)

11:15 am and 2:15pm- Digger Bob (still not confirmed will make it)

Expert Metal Detectorist – owner of Comstock Metal Detectors.

11:30 am and 2:30 pm Miner John (Still not confirmed will make it)

Expert Metal Detectorist, maker of the Razorback and Miner John Designs loops for Minelab & TDI’s.

All guest speakers are tentative as all are traveling from far away and are not sure they can make it for the allotted time.

Demonstrations and Information

Special kids hunt with prizes at the Hunt area all day-metal detectors for use provided.

Gold Panning at the hunt area all day. GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno, Inc.

Metal detecting practice hands on training with the Nokta FORS Gold and Minelab Go-Find 60 metal detectors on loan from Kellyco - at the Hunt area all day.

Women in Mining at Hunt area all day.

Chris Porter the Hip-Stick at hunt area all day.

Old time prospecting equipment at the Hunt area all day.

Reno Prospecting & Detecting Club at the Hunt area all day.

Comstock Club at the Hunt area all day.

Geologist Webb Varnum to answer your questions on rocks and Gold. At the Hunt area all day.

Miner John and Digger Bob at the Hunt area all day. (not confirmed)

The above mentioned will be available after they complete the hunt for a token

Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2015 Hunt Rules

No entry into hunt field prior to hunt

Hunt Masters are in charge of the hunt.

Hunt masters have final word on all things concerning the hunt.

Hunt starts at 10am and ends at 3pm.

Entrants must provide their own metal detector and target recovery tools.

No Search Coil larger than twelve inches allowed. Note: No oversized Coils off any kind will be allowed on the Hunt Field.

Small electronic pin-pointers will be allowed.

All hunt participates wear target recovery pouch for trash removal.

Small Hand Recovery Scratching Tools, Small Recovery Hand Trowels and or a small hand pick allowed.

(Recovery tools are not to have a handle over 3 feet or a base over 4”.)

No Sand Scoops allowed.

No recovery speed baskets allowed.

No target recovery plugging tools allowed.

Participant will be allowed to turn in only one prize token towards drawing.

Last year some who found more than one gave the other one or ones they found to participant(s) who did not find any.

In the event not all prize tokens are located we will hold a second chance drawing to be conducted at the conclusion of the drawing for participants who located a token. All who attend will be allowed to enter the second chance drawing by filling out an entry card and attending the drawing.

Only one second chance entry per attendee and or participant.

Participants who located a prize token and who entered into first drawing and all second chance drawing entries must be present at time of drawing to claim prize.

Prize drawings will begin at 3:15pm the day of the hunt.

The drawing is random and there is no guarantee that the major prize will be handed out to a contestant who finds a hidden token.

All prizes will be handed out the day of the hunt.

Special note: This hunt will occur in the desert with the normal desert hazards. Which are not limited to trips and falls, snakes, uneven surface, excessive heat, wind so on?

It is recommended that you wear snake guards.

By attending the 2015 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot you understand there are natural and manmade hazards that cannot be eliminated by the organizers of the event.

You agree that you are attending this event at your own risk.

Thank you

Hunt Masters

Just to add this bit to the agenda.  Looks like I am commited to go.  Whites has authorized me to add to the prize list; a TRX pinpointer AND a GMT gold detector!  Guess I'm going to have to say something after all.

I'll be there Friday afternoon through Saturday night and will have a few extra items of interest if anyone is interested.

Miner John will also be there and speak on his knowledge of loops and their design.  I believe he will have a loop to donate also.

Digger Bob

• Like 1

Friend just got me a camping spot there. Space 20. Bee there Friday afternoon. And a surprise birthday party for my wife Jan. At 5. Her 50th.

I hope she does not check this web site! Wish I could make it...sounds like a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Just a follow-up for those interested. I was able to make it down to the event and had a good time. There were 100 tokens from this year buried on the property, each of which entered the holder/finder into a raffle for a prize. I was able to located a token and claimed a prize bag, inside was a minelab ball cap, minelab carry big, minelab bumper-sticker, minelab brochures/literature, rye- patch. nuggett shoot 2015 carry bag, whites treasure and trash finds bag with zipper, whites light weight finds pouch/apron, whites mini swiss knife, garrett digging tool with sheath, plastic scoop, kellyco brochure of metal detectors with current price list, kellyco coupons, copy of western and eastern treasures magazine , spf 30 sun block stick,lip balm/chap-stick, bottle opener key chain, aluminum can beverage insulators (4-pack, kellco finds/trash bag. All of this inside yet another kellco light weight back-pack style bag.

As well as these contents(as not all contained just these items) other prize bags included silver rounds,as well as other goodies.

Also given away were twelve metal detectors, pin-pointer, high-lift jack, and more prizes of which i didnt see.

Finding a token wasnt the only to win(which is cool) as the second chance drawing gave those without detectors a chance at winning.

I really liked the fact they had a kid hunt area and prizes for them as well, in fact I think i saw at least six beaming faces from winning themselves detectors. All in all a great event! Thank you to the event sponsors.

My special thanks to Scott & Jan for being great hosts/people and showing me around and introducing me to other good people, I very much enjoyed it. I look forward to year 4.

• Like 1