Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2015

Sounds like a great event. Does one have to reserve a camping spot? I would probably just pop-a-tent for a one day event, is there ample room for this? I am considering this trip. I would like the chance to meet some forum members as you all seem like good people, as well as try some of that southern ground.

• Like 1

someone's going to have to start salting Rye Patch…

(joke in case anyone is worried)

Have a great time, it looks like huge fun.

Looks like I'm going to try and make it.  Miner John of Razorback and I will be there Friday afternoon, as long as nothing serious comes up.  My knee replacement is doing well and I should be able to hunt for a bit.  Besides, I'm getting bored sitting at home recouperating from this surgery.

Digger Bob

• Like 2

2015 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot

Itinerary for the Rye Patch Nugget Shoot that will occur on Sept. 19th 2015.

Saturday Sept. 19th 2015

8:30 am direction signs to the hunt area are placed.

9 am Entry/Registration for hunt begins.

9 am Demonstrations/Class start at the hunt area.

9:45 am the Hunt Boundary and rules are explained and locations and topics of demonstrations, speakers explained.

9:55 am line up for start of hunt.

10 am Nugget Shoot starts with the firing off of the cannon.

All who attend should pick up a second chance drawing ticket with no requirement that they participate in the metal detector hunt.

2:30 pm all demonstrations, speakers end.

3 pm the metal detector hunt ends with the firing off of the cannon.

3:15 pm drawing for prizes began. (At hunt area.)

Sunday Sept. 28th.

Tear down and clean up. Day trips are being planned to hunt for gold, quartz crystals or ammonite.

Information

Entry into Rye Patch State Park Saturday and Camping Saturday Night is free, complements of the Rye Patch State Park. If anyone is staying Friday night before the hunt or Sunday night the standard park/camping fees apply.

Last year only 76 of the 100 hundred tokens were located by participants so we had a second chance drawing for 24 prizes and the number one prize was given away to the last person in the second chance draw. This year who knows if all 100 hundred tokens will be located by the detectors’? So make sure you get your second chance drawing ticket from GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno.

• Like 1

Hey SS.

Just thought I'd let you know that, from past experience, I realize how much time, effort, and personal expense is involved in an event like this and you'll still get some whining about some thing you did or didn't do.

It's a thankless job so I see no need to say THANK YOU.

• Like 1

Colonel Klunker. I wish you could unthank me for a thankless task. But have to give credit to those who do the real work. I only have a small part in this. And my credit is shot.

But THANKS to Larry, Glen, Marlene and Ules.

They are the ones that spend most of the year getting the sponsors and dealing with the rye patch state park people.