New GPZ 7000 User

TonyB

I'm a new user. Working in rocky terrain, quartz and ironstone rich. I'm also of the age, where technicalities give me trouble. Can anyone give me the optimum settings for the detector, to suit such ground. Instruction manuals cause me head aches and confusion.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Tony

Stick to it`s factory settings, until you are comfortable with the GPZ, it is (my take) very capable at the manufacturers default settings, a brilliant gold detector. You`ll find once you have the feeling for it, the manual is easy to follow.

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

As both Norvic and Scott have said the factory default setting are great for most all conditions. the gpz by design and function is very easy to use and other than individual preference or while reaching for the limits of the equipment in a particular type of ground, it's almost difficult to not find detectable metal no mater what you find suits your needs with regard to your settings.

I consider myself a new user also and I believe it would take me a long time before I was comfortable with something as complicated as the 5000, where I find the menus on the gpz very intuitive, just feel free to play with the controls a bit and you will be cruising in no time. If during the learning process you get lost or are having some trouble, just do a restart and ground balance and you will be good as new.

also if you check you will find a number of threads on the past topics within the last 6 months on this site with different gpz settings for different reasons...

There is so much to be said for fiddling with the settings over an un-dug target.

That is how to really learn about both the machine (any detector), and the area you are using it in.

You have probably the best detector on the planet right now so you are ahead of the game.

Good luck.

• Like 3

go right. no, go left. stand up. no, sit down...are you confused? Don't be, using the machine and trying the various methods mentioned on these forums will lead to a comfortable range of settings. The machine works in almost any setting except off...with practice!

fred

• Like 1