What Bugs Me... Lone Gold Nuggets

Never had any problems in the 50/50 land either. Lately I've been detecting Ophir and Louisiana gulches. Been sticking to the hillsides because the wash bottoms are pretty hammered. Only area I've been told by others to avoid is the fenced area around Kentucky camp. Most gulches still produce gold drywashing, lots of clay in some areas though.

Had any luck down there? Spent about 6 hours out there today. Got some pretty good rain while I was out but no gold this time.

We should all meet up down there sometime and swap stories.

Next month should be some nice camping weather down there.

Had any luck down there? Spent about 6 hours out there today. Got some pretty good rain while I was out but no gold this time.

We should all meet up down there sometime and swap stories.

Next month should be some nice camping weather down there.

My buddy Lou and I were out there today we  were over by granite mountain on the north side. No nuggys.

Ivan

Its been two years since i camped there for a couple of weeks and hunted with Border Boy when he had time to come up----

I was using my 3500 with a 12x 15 and he had broken out his big gun the 20" coil on the 5000---

The first evening we got together we went out right before making camp---- and he slammed a gorgeous slug that looked like a hockey puck ---

it took us over an hour to dig it in that hard clay---but it was a dandy !!!!

Great memory from Greaterville...!

Let me be perfectly clear i didnt detect this nugget i just go to help dig it up!!!!

I cant find BB's picture or i would post it...

post-420-0-90998900-1441687060_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-44021400-1441687084_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Damn that thing is nice.

I've tried messaging Border Boy about some info on Greaterville but I don't think he logs on much anymore.

Last I heard he was having some luck way up in Colorado Gulch.

One of these days I'll get my nuggets together and share some photos of my finds. There's still big stuff to be found down there.

The next time I go I might try some spots around Colorado or Louisiana Gulch I've been studying on Google Earth. Would like a little change in scenery from my usual patches.

Colorado gulch was claimed up....check it out...

Yeah I don't know much about the northside of the goldfield, only driven in through the Greaterville Rd. a few times. Will have to do some exploring up there to see what's claimed and what isn't.

Have mostly just played around further south down by the GPAA and DGD claims.

Ivansgarage- just saw your website and the picks that you sell. Those look pretty nice. I'm always looking for a nice diggers pick. Everything for sale stateside is either too short, too long, too heavy, has too many magnets like the Apex Picks etc.

I recently bought a Walco Heavy Duty Large pick from Australia. Cost a pretty penny to ship here. Stuck a big 130 lb neodymium magnet on the head. Works pretty good. One of these days I may contact you to make something custom. I like picks with wide shovels on the back for digging and scraping.

Yeah I don't know much about the northside of the goldfield, only driven in through the Greaterville Rd. a few times. Will have to do some exploring up there to see what's claimed and what isn't.

Have mostly just played around further south down by the GPAA and DGD claims.

Ivansgarage- just saw your website and the picks that you sell. Those look pretty nice. I'm always looking for a nice diggers pick. Everything for sale stateside is either too short, too long, too heavy, has too many magnets like the Apex Picks etc.

I recently bought a Walco Heavy Duty Large pick from Australia. Cost a pretty penny to ship here. Stuck a big 130 lb neodymium magnet on the head. Works pretty good. One of these days I may contact you to make something custom. I like picks with wide shovels on the back for digging and scraping.

Tortuga, anytime you want to come by and check out my picks (and bs) just drop me a email.

Sunday out at Greaterville, the grass and weeds have really been growing lately with

all the rain we have gotten, all most need a new detecting tool, a lawn mower. 

Ivan