Beginners Luck

My Noka FORS CoRe showed up this morning 2 days after I placed my order with Chris at AOBP, I have basically a big goose egg of experience at running a detector but have been crash reading everything I can find about these machines since reading Mr Mills Detecting for gold book.

I took the machine to a town park and it seemed to be giving me constant signal's with every swing of the coil but one sounded a little zipper than the other grunts and I dug this ring literally 10 minutes into the park and my first dig. I had the sensitivity at 80 in D3 and cant remember what it came up on the target id as.

I have so much to learn, I am a bit overwhelmed. But I was pretty happy to find the 10k gold ring no matter the half doz pull tabs I dug afterwards. Maybe in a year or two I will figure out what they sound like LOL.

Now to find me a little nugget :nugget::)

post-839-0-24233100-1441322449_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-79124600-1441322535_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey indainbullet

The way it sounds to me your doing everything right. Read all you can about it but get out there swinging it is the best OJT ( on the job training ). Sometimes it best to dig the different sounds that coming out of your detector on items you detect.. Over time you will know what it is before you even look at the ID number on your detector. When you get to that point you and your detector become as one.

Great first time out find.

Chuck Anders 

Wow! Super good!!

The learning curve with this machine is pretty short. You will have it down in short order.

What I have found is that there isn't any "iffy" signals with this machine. When it hits on a coin, for example, the audible signal is very clear and "unwavering" and the VID #s don't bounce all over the place they are very stable. A zinc penny in my ground comes up as 82/83 every time from every direction. Now pull tabs bounce around in the 57-60 range but nickles hit 56/57 and don't bounce. The biggest thing I have noticed is that bottle caps sound great and will give a pretty solid 84 BUT if you circle the target while swinging you will notice that the numbers will make a quick bounce down in to the 70s and then go right back up to 84. Coins don't bounce like that. 

So, in my experience thus far, if the numbers bounce around as you circle the target it's garbage. Your numbers may be different than mine due to different ground. Also, I'm finding I like DI2 better. It seems to hit harder but I think it's a preference thing. It's fun learning the nuances of a new machine and you are off to a great start. Congrats!

Dean

Thank you guys for all the wonderful encouragement.

I cant wait to get out in the hills or desert a bit. I feel kind of self conscious digging in the local park but I will get it figured out. Yes I filled in my divits  lol.

I sure appreciate all the help and information everyone generously gives.  I'm an addict ;)

You dont want to be passing up bouncing around signals when gold detecting. You will miss gold. And any target whether it is iron or nonferrous will bounce around if its really tiny or right at the edge of detection field.

Good find. Good luck

Great advise! Thanks!!

• Like 1