Show Me Your Pick

Think some one had mentioned a pick holder or a way to carry these bigger

picks, this is what I am using, pretty simple to make.

4 inch abs pipe (pvc would work to) 6 inches long, cut two slots for belt

to fit through, 45 cut to reduce weight. Wala... cheap, durable and

easy to slide pick in and out..

That's a good idea. Should sell those along with your picks.

• Like 1

Nothing too fancy, served me well for over fifteen years. Hucks out a hole just as good as my mates wide blade, made it from a section of leaf suspension. Like the look of the Hermit though very nice design.

post-751-0-04528600-1442301942_thumb.jpg

Nothing too fancy, served me well for over fifteen years. Hucks out a hole just as good as my mates wide blade, made it from a section of leaf suspension. Like the look of the Hermit though very nice design.

If it Digs a Hole then That's A Good Pick, But you might wanna give that Handle a Drink of Linseed Oil and you will have it for years to come,

Thanks for posting it,,  John

• Like 1

Great looking picks Ivan!

Unfortunately I already have too many...

steves-prospecting-picks.jpg

1. A very used Walco pick. Note the worn tip. This was my main pick for years before I left Alaska. The original handle has been replaced with a hickory sledgehammer handle for extra length. I dug a lot of deep holes and the longer handle was easier on my back and doubled as a walking stick for sidehilling and crossing streams. I do like the Walco design, light and tough.

2. A new Walco pick I got on my trip to Australia.

3. My current pick, an old Hodan pick I have had for ages. Handle cut down a bit to hang better on my belt and fit in my backpack. I do not need a big scoop as much down south and it hangs on my belt better than scoop style picks.

4. Unused 24" Hodan for backup. John passed away last year, may he rest in peace, so when current supplies run out no more Hodan picks.

5. An ancient Mag-Na-Pick from back in the day. I tote this around in my kit as a backup just in case I break the handle on my primary pick.

6. A little lightweight metal handle pick. Good for casual work hunting shallow small nuggets.

7. and 8. New style Estwing pick and old style Estwing pick, for serious digging. I can dig a hole in asphalt with one of these! Too much metal for normal use though.

9. Version one of hoe pick I nagged John for years to make for me. He instead made one as an AZO exclusive first which was irritating. Then this one, which I pointed out nobody would want due to round spade end. Actually digs great but no good for scraping flat surfaces.

10. The model that addressed my issues with the other one. Both are a bit heavier than I like though.

• Like 2

Well added a new pick to the collection, ya know how many picks I got in my truck........

Ivan's Wacko Pick 

attachicon.gifivanwacko.jpg

Ivan that looks like the best pick north of the meridian, Everything is spot on with it, The Blade and the Bevel being on the right side makes it perfect because they Shear the ground better that way,,  

Give me a nudge next month and we'll talk Turkey, I Like It mate.

john

• Like 1

I see on other forums guys talking about the Supersede pick made in AU.

I tried to purchase one just to see what shipping would be, it says call us.

I have to admit they do look like, well made and nice picks.

They all so look a little heavy, more than I want to carry.

So would we be talking a three hundred dollar pick with shipping?

Replacement, blade or point..will they be around a year or two from now,??

Supersede Pick Blade Price AUD $80.00
Supersede Pick Point Large Price AUD $53.00

Supersede 750mm Medium Pick Price AUD $210.00
Supersede 900mm Large Pick Price AUD $220.00

post-411-0-68588400-1442684180_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-09902100-1442683801_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-50537500-1442683842_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-48525000-1442683868_thumb.jpg

Info source:

Ivan,  

(these picks make my pick look like a little girly pick)