First Nugget With GPX 5000

thanks steve, I am very interested in detecting and want to go as much as possiable. I live in auburn so

right in the middle of gold country. been out looking for areas to detect. I would like to try rye patch.

seems like you guys are doing good out there. I really need to take a training lesson to learn this machine

I think I got bit by the gold bug. haha

• Like 1

I honestly think you are better off nearer to home. Lots of gold near you whereas Rye Patch is beat to death. I admit I do enjoy wandering the desert more than most anything however. In California I spend most of my time digging nails. In Nevada it is more like Australia where you go for ages with no targets at all, but if you get one a good chance it might be gold.

The GPX is pretty forgiving, main thing is to just get out and use it. Beginners Guide To Minelab GPX 5000

• Like 1

I was at mineral bar yesterday. got skunked but the water sure felt good. I would like to go to rye patch

but my son took my detector on his drive back to Colorado. he stopped in rye patch and found a 2.57 gram

nugget yesterday in about 2 hours. he never even used it before. he watched the video that comes with it right before he left and found his first nugget. he was one excited guy. now he is hooked. moving back in 2 weeks. so no minelab till then.

so I got me a new detecting buddy

post-851-0-04421000-1441941178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2