Small Magnet Rake

Tortuga

now that the heat wave is giving us a little break I'm planning on heading up to the sierras tomorrow for a day or two. I'll let ya know if the mighty mini magnet rake was of any use to me, that would make it the mmmr7000 maiden evaluation of useful purpose or lack there of.

clark

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

went out to the gold fields last week, but i didn't use it much, last couple of weeks I've had some tendinitis in my right elbow and it kind of hurt to try and swing the zed with one hand and use the rake with the other. the little i did use it, the rake seemed to work if the trash was on the surface or near the surface and not to many things were blocking the way. on one spot down in some old ground sluice workings i hit a strong signal that seemed to loud to be anything other than trash, i jammed the little rake into the area and came up with two square nails stuck to the magnets.

also this trip i did a lot of walking and i like to use the guide stick with the zed, it was inconvenient to carry the rake, pick and swing the zed, so i wound up not bringing it with me much. if i had stayed and worked a small area at a time i think it would have been more useful, also the area i was in had a lot of big rocks and this little rake would be better out in the desert where things are more open, or in the washes where rusted tin has polluted and concentrated in smaller but good trap locations.

hope that helps, clark