Repairs Of Older Minelabs

brogansown

Last week my brother's GP 3500 quit working right in the middle of a patch.  We've tried new cables, coils, earphones and switches, so we know it is internal.  Who repairs the older Minelabs-does Minelab or is there an independent repair expert out there?  We've heard that Minelab doesn't support the older models, but don't know that for sure.

First off, sorry to hear about that.

The list of machines Minelab considers obsolete is at http://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-care/product-notices/discontinued-products

Even though the GP 3500 is on that list I would encourage you to contact Minelab first before you do anything else. Shipping to Australia and back by itself will not be cheap so a free call to Minelab first is worth a shot.

Minelab Americas

1938 A University Lane
Lisle, IL 60532
Service Centre: 1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
Email: service@minelabamericas.com

I and others here would be extremely interested in what you hear from Minelab.

The only outfit I know of in the US that I would call is Keith Willis at East Texas Metal Detectors http://www.brokendetector.com/prodserv.htm I am not sure he can help you but they have been repairing detectors a long time so are worth trying.

Check with Kellyco. When I inquired about whether my SD-2100 could be repaired if it broke I was told that subject to spare parts availability, they could repair it. On another forum it was said that they are doing CTX repairs for MINELAB now, so their connection must be good.

As far as Keith Willis, I was NOT satisfied with my repair dealings with him a couple of years ago. Sorry.

If Minelab fails you, contact Ishmeal. I have never read an unhappy comment about him...however, for factory repairs on my 3500 he suggested Minelab Australia as a first resort and him as a backup. That was two or three years ago.

The shipping there was @ $60. The repairs and shipping back was @ $600.

fred

According to a thread, on the Friendly forum, Minelab in Chicago no longer does their own repairs, but outsources them to Kellyco in Fla. and to someplace in Chandler AZ for the gold machines.

The guy who,posted the info is a Sponsor, so I guess he's a dealer and should know.

Kellyco's repair service generally gets good customer feedback. I have no Idea who or what the Chandler AZ facility is.

I checked a bit more and the address was

MineLab Asc West

3863 E Sawtooth Dr

Chandler, AZ 852

That is a residence however

Another address was

Minelab West ASC

4960 S Gilbert Rd suite 1-134

Chandler, AZ. 85249

That is a strip mall and google street view doesn't show anything like ML there.

So - I don't know.