Finally - Forum Calendar Activated

Steve Herschbach

Way back in April it was suggested that I add a calendar or event scheduler to the forum http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/885-eventsfield-trip-calender/

This is part of most Invision forums but I had in deactivated for a simple reason. I am a bit of a privacy type person so you may have noticed that this forum does not display who is online. I guess it is supposed to be cool somehow but I do not think most of you want people to know you are logged in online. If you want to post, post. If not, nobody needs to know you are hanging out.

Similarly, other forums display birthday info in various ways, especially on the calendars. Now I suppose this is nice as everyone wishes somebody happy birthday. But then others get no birthday wishes at all. Mostly, as far as I am concerned, it is just off topic clutter. Yeah, I know, I am an unsentimental hardass taking this on topic nonsense too far!

But that is just the way I like things and so I have finally activated a calendar that does not automatically display birthdays so we are good to go. I should have done it sooner but better late than never.

Right now the Rye Patch outing is the only thing on the calendar. I will be adding more stuff soon. You are welcome to also make additions but please keep them somehow related to prospecting, metal detecting, rock collecting, etc. The bottom line is all additions are moderated and will not appear until I approve them so no worries. If I think it is too far off topic I may not approve it. Then again, if it seems really compelling I may just let it go.

You are also welcome to just email suggestions to contact@detectorprospector.com or better yet post them on this thread.

Let me know if you can't see it or whatever. Link in the menu bar at top of forum or at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/calendar/ Events also appear on the main forum directory sidebar at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/ but it will take an upgrade to IP Board 4 to get them displayed elsewhere, and I am not going there for some time yet. I will see what else I can do in the meantime.

• Like 1

I appreciate your desire to help your forum users keep their information private Steve. You run a good forum and keep it on track. I for one appreciate your efforts in sharing this resource and your knowledge so freely. Thank you for all you do.

How about the ICMJ show next spring. Have they set the dates yet? Good calendar fodder.

Barry

• Like 2

I go every year! Lots of great gold and meteorite vendors. Most of the best sellers like Pieter Heydelaar are set up at the Hotel Tucson City Center. I always hit that place first.

That show usually starts on the last Friday of January.

I guess it is supposed to be cool somehow but I do not think most of you want people to know you are logged in online. 

no birthday wishes at all. Mostly, as far as I am concerned, it is just off topic clutter.

Steve,

quick note to publicly acknowledge I like these policies.      I come to this forum for relevant detector prospecting info.     I like how you keep it to just that.    Saves me a lot of time to not have to navigate through irrelevant stuff.

• Like 1