This specimen was found in Downieville with my 3030.  It is 18.3g.of mostly gold with a little quartz.

post-628-0-89159900-1442988761_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The details as I remember them ... I'm a screen guy and not a numbers guy with the 3030 because it was jumping around a bit.  It was in an area that had been detected by others over many years and maybe my advantage was multiple targets in the same hole.  On the coin screen it was closer to penny than it was to a gold ring or pull-tab.  But it turns out there was a piece of lead (1.3g) and a little piece of iron.  

It was in an area with a lot of volcanic quartz/iron bedrock but this signal was coming from a bit of crumbly material.  I was able to dig it and it was ash/clay layer like on the edge of the Yuba River.  There are some  very hot rocks here but the 3030 will take them out.  I was in all metal in relic mode so the sounds are a bit different than the screen.  I was on fast and deep with gb on.  Discrimination while here was between ground and coin and ferrous and coin.  There is a difference in what it reports here more than the difference in mode to me.

Have I confused everyone yet?

It was my first gold with the 3030 and one more thing, I was using the stock coil.

• Like 1

Nice find, I don't think the trashy areas are hunted out.

Norm

Discrimination while here was between ground and coin and ferrous and coin.  There is a difference in what it reports here more than the difference in mode to me.

Have I confused everyone yet?

Yea that part..... but I'll figure it out later when I consult my new Andy Sabisch ctx 3030 hand book. Makes sense that it rang up in the penny range as that's a nice nugget. Nice work

strick