Is This Deal On GPX 4800 & Eureka Gold For Real?

YubaJ

There are some Ebay sellers right now that have a special on for a GPX 4800 PLUS the Eureka Gold for about $2700. I didn't see any 4800's in Steve's survey. Is that because not many people have them? Are they too close to the 5000 to make a distinction? Seems like Minelab is messing with the dealers who have the 4500 at a special price. I thought that was a great deal until this one came along.

The GPX 4800 was a non-detector. It was what was supposed to replace the GPX 4500 but the 4500 was selling so well it got delayed. And by then Bruce Candy came up with the now famous Fine Gold timing. This and other changes were added to create the GPX 5000 and the 4800 and 5000 were released at the same time. The price difference was minimal and nobody wanted the "next best" and so few if any dealers even bothered stocking the GPX 4800. The MAP price is currently $4095

Very odd. I would be not be too happy if I just bought a GPX 4500 for $2699 and then saw this deal. The 4500 comes with two coils and there really is not much difference between a 4500 and a 4800 but I would sure take a 4800 for $2649 plus a Eureka Gold for free instead. If nothing else turn around and sell the Eureka for whatever and lower out of pocket on the 4800 even more.

I am curious to hear the response from Minelab.

A guy could sell his old used 4500 and then ebay the Eureka and get into a brand new warrantied 4800 for a couple hundred bucks.... Hmm interesting. Wish I had a mailing address to do all that ebaying/selling/shipping/receiving.

I'm predicting "new in box Eureka Gold" detectors on ebay are about to double in quantity and start selling for half cost. Can I short sell a metal detector model?  :lol: