Seasons First Trip at Rye Patch

LuckyLundy

We had a great club outing at Rye Patch, NV. I tell you the heat was on, fighting lite hangovers, extra full stomachs from the great foods and the open vastness of Rye Patch to find a nugget. Robin & I, finally got to meet "Doc" after years of phone conversations and many other new friends. Well enough of the mushy stuff...the hunt was fun and we all found some color. I've said it before and I will say it again! The SDC 2300 will put up a fantastic fight against his bigger brother the GPZ 7000. But my choice is the GPZ and my Wife Robin's is the SDC, the best of both worlds. I did a couple of test with both detectors. One of my tones with the GPZ is a guaranteed sound of a nugget. This was a hardly audible one but good enough to call Robin over with her SDC for a listen. Well she couldn't hear it, I had to kick the dirt down a couple of inches before she heard it and on the GPZ it was now a solid nugget tone. Now, I didn't reverse this test with the detectors. But in one tight spot, another partner pulled 5 nuggets out with his SDC and swiping it very slow with my GPZ, I could hear little nugget tones but could not get them in my hand...got tired of chasing them around. I told another fellow to hit that spot with his GoldBug 2 and he ended up with a smile on his face! Bottom line is, learn your detector they all will find what your looking for...I hunt for gold and here is our hunting parties pokes. Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-25296100-1443625419_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work as usual Rick and gang. Wish I could been there but chose the Sierras instead last weekend. The Zed is the real deal except on those really tiny ones that as you say are hard to bring to reel. Send in the 2300 or the gold bug 2 to sniff them out of the pile.

strick

Steve, no Quartz...it's the cliche stuck in the Cheverons!

Strick, Robin couldn't get them in her hands either...GB2 was the only ticket for these little guys! Better hunt that high country before it gets snowed in...just drop me a line we are only a couple hours to that area.

Scott, those where some awesome Rib Eyes! Hope you yanked a Chevron out of the dirt.

Rick

• Like 1

Nice finds and fun times it sounds like.  I hope to visit the area with my SDC 2300 sometime, maybe even as soon as next month.  Good to see there are some good nuggets still to be had out there!