Faked Out On This One

Condor

I got out early this morning in an area I found last year. I had high hopes that the 2300 had missed some deep gold. Very little trash last year, so I intended to dig everything. Unfortunately, the last rain storm really hit that area hard and stirred up a bunch of old can fragments. I concentrated on bedrock areas with a foot or less of overburden. I got a good signal and opened up a foot deep hole to bedrock. Interlocking rocks made it no easy chore. As I'm scooping out the loose rock this nugget is laying right in the bottom. Whew, I'm really pleased so I take a break in the shade. After I get all my gear ready to go again I sweep the dig hole, a booming signal comes through. Wow, this is gonna be awesome, not. It takes me another half hour to open up the hole to get more interlocked rocks out. I'm sweating buckets, but jazzed at the propect. I finally get the last rock out and start scooping out the gravel and this old tin can seam comes out. Total buzz kill. I pushed on for a 4 hr rountrip, nothing else but junk.

post-95-0-56662600-1444091974_thumb.jpg

post-95-0-01147600-1444092268_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You totally earned that one, Condor!

There's an area I hunt that's nothing but bedrock and the "interlocked" rocks you're talking about.

It's tough work but I've kind of gotten used to it. It's sorta fun now, like a jigsaw puzzle sometimes with gold nuggets in it.

It's a lot different than swinging on hillsides and just digging up soil and clay.